Weaning down Trazodone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had been taking 150mg of Trazodone, up from 100mg, for a month or so while the dr. Adjusted my cipralex. She wanted me to go back down to 100mg so I decreased by 25mg for 2 weeks with no problem then went down by another 25 10 days ago so I am back to 100mg. The last few days I have had trouble sleeping and today I am very anxious and depressed.  Can anyone relate?  I have a dr.s appointment next week, the earliest I can get in.  I’m not sure if I should increase to 125 again.  I need sleep. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I was put on that nasty drug for anxiety,  Even though I was not having any sleeping problems.  I was so unaware of what I was taking.  I was also taking klonopin.  I was at 75 mg per day. I started my weaning March 27/17.   My last dose was October 26/17..So that was 7 months. I then weaned off klonopin after that.   This withdrawaling was a complete nightmare!!!  It has been over 7 months off the trazodone,  and 6 months off the klon, and I am still going through protracted withdrawals.     Never again will I take anything like this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.