Weaning off amitriptyline whilst on citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been in citalpram for 2 weeks and 2 days. The side effects were horrendous at first an my doc prescribed amitriptyline 10mg to help me sleep. I've taken these for 5 days. I know it's early days into the cit but I haven't had any anxious/panicky feelings for days so I'm thinking I might come off the amitriptyline. I'm at work the next 3 days so I'm not going To risk it until Thursday, when I got on holiday. It's a low dose and have been on them a short time but does anyone know if I should just stop taking them? Or taper down to 5 etc? I'm hoping I can get to sleep without it now!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Holly, the only thing I can say is that I have been on them for years and had no side effects, maybe you need to give them a bit longer? X
  • Posted

hi Holly

please speak to your doctor before coming off the meds. get the proper advice on whether you should and if so then how. also it is a good idea for the doctor to know what you are up to just in case of any effects.

• Posted

Give it a try skip them on weekend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.