Weaning Off Bisprolol

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking 1.25mg of Bisprolol for the past 6 days but it isn't for me.  Can I just stop taking it or should I wean myself off?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think you should discuss with a health professional, even if you make the decision yourself. I had ECG this morning and been told to stop bisoprolol as my heart rate is too slow, but regular. There are other medications available if bisoprolol doesn't suit you, but if you still need something, so do discuss with a doctor.

• Posted

Sorry can't remember the number. Also 'normal' depends on age, fitness etc.

• Posted

I've been taking it for 2 years and had the dose gradually increased til I'm now on 10mg which I think is causing all sorts of side effects including lightheadedness and neck discomfort.I've asked to reduce the dose my GP said not to just stop but it must be done gradually not sure if this would apply for such a small dose though I imagine maybe taking it alternate days may be the way to go but you need to consult your GP or cardiologist first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.