Weaning off Metoprolol 12.5mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

Im just wondering if anyone has been on Metoprolol 12.5mg for anxiety and was able to wean off it?

I have just stopped taking it about 6 days ago and i'm having some terrible effects like high pulse rate, severe anxiety, palpitations even just to talk on the phone and elevated blood pressure. I did speak with my doctor about stopping and he said it would be ok to stop right away because 12.5mg was a very low dose.

If there is anyone who has a similar experience using Metoprolol for anxiety can give their experience when they stopped Metoprolol, how long did the withdrawl symptoms last, how were you able to control anxiety and rapid heartbeat.

Any suggestions would be useful this is really a rough experience!

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

im sorry you are going through this.

i was taking 25mg xl once a day for 3 weeks before i started weaning off due to the side effects that i experienced

Nauseous

High blood pressure

Light sensitivity

Halo around lights

Loss of weight

Migraines

Tension in neck

Jaw pain

Ear congestion

Sinus pressure

Floaters in eyes

Dizziness lightheaded

Extreme fatigue / weakness

Depression

Anxiety

Muscle soreness / weakness

Lack of appetite

Hair loss

Blurred vision

Decreased sex drive

Tingling in hands feet arms and legs

Electric like current in head

Low energy

Dry mouth

Dry eye

Ringing in ears

Brain fog / confusion

Decreased urine out put

Chest pain

its been 8 weeks since my last dose and i still dont feel 100% but i do feel a lot better than i did. the first 4-6 weeks were very rough i had a lot of anxiety my heart would race from even just walking.

i just got done wearing a holter monitor for 2 weeks because they were concerned about me being tachycardiac. i go tuesday to the cardiologist tuesday for those results.

i stayed in bed a lot during those 4-6 weeks watched a lot of tv and would read book if my concentration would allow it.

ive read that i can take 3-4 months before feeling normal again there is a great forum on here by Tee that i have followed for the past 2 months whoch jonestly has been my saving grace, it made me feel like i wasnt crazy and i wasnt the onlt one going through this terrible experience

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.