Weaning off paroxatine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm currently weaning off paroxatine, I've got to 3mg. Having dreadful palpitations, could this be connected?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it's connected for me. When I drop too big a dose or go too quick I get palpitations. My GP tried me on diazepam and that didn't help. I had to increase the dose a tiny bit ( about 0.2 mgs ). before I got any relief. I'm on 2.8 mgs but it's taking so long! You must go slow!! Chamomile tea helps.

There is a Facebook group that I joined called paxil, paroxetine, seroxat withdrawal. Lots of good support from people going through the same as you.

• Posted

Hi there,

I would like to say yes it is. I am on 3.75 mg a day - I did do 2.5mg daily but I felt too anxious and feeling unwell so gone to 3.75mg

I still get quite anxious. It’s all about taking your time with them - I started coming off last year and still not off them! I’ve lost 2 stone since weening but yes the panicky state is horrid!

• Posted

Hi I'm currently weaning off paxil myself. I've dropped from 20mg to 18 using the liquid. Can I ask how long it took you to get off. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.