Weaning off Pregablin - Anyone happy yo share their experience?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would be happy to share their experience of weaning off Pregablin?

I currently take 50mg morning, 50mg lunchtime & 150mg night time. I was initially prescribed the medication for anxiety. I also take mirtazapine 15mg (reduced from 45mg) beta blockers which I plan to come off last and fluoxetine 40mg which i plan to stay on indefinitely - all meds other than fluoxetine were prescribed by my GP as they beleived I had GAD however when nothing was working apart from the mirtazapine for the depression I was experiencing I paid privately to see a Psychiatrist who diagnosed with OCD and prescribed Fluoxetine. So I am now faced with joys of coming off mirtazapine and pregablin. Ive managed to come down from mirtazapine 45mg to 15mg which I'm happy to stay on until I'm off the pregablin.

On thursday I started to drop the 50mg lunchtime dose which I plan on doing for 2 weeks until I drop another 50mg for 2 weeks and I plan on sticking to this schedule until I'm off them completely.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I can expect with regards to withdrawal side effects please?? My doctors tell me there'll be little if any and I do trust their judgement however I trust the experiences of people who have taken this medication more! 😃

Many thanks

Therese

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am interested to hear people experiences with Pregablin tapering down. I am on 150mg a day (75mg am & 75gm pm), I am considering coming off it mainly as I am not entirely sure it's working,

I am still getting some pain in form of Allodynia (I have suspected Fibromyalgia), though I am weary of upping Pregablin to 300mg and getting even more hooked on the meds.

• Posted

Hi there - I was prescribed it for anxiety so can't offer you any advice relating to pain, sorry about that. There are lots of threads on here about pregablin for pain so you should pick up some good advice! 😃

• Posted

Many thanks, hope you get off them ok. Just a word of warning, I have heard if you suffer from depression previously, then sometimes this can be exacerbated during withdraw, so stay strong!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.