Weaning off propranolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

i have been taking 80 mg slow release prooranolol for approx 2 years to treat dystopia tremor. It works but I naturally have low BP and I'm very lethargic on propranolol. I would like to come off it and try something more natural to manage my tremor. Any advice for weaning off safely, many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello  Tezes...First of all, I would assume that Propranolol is a beta blocker of sorts. You should never suddenly stop taking such a medication. You've been taking this medication for 2 years now, but have you been feeling lethargic all this time? Have you reported this to your doctor??? 

I will never ever encourage anyone to stop medications or switch to something without consulting their doctor. 

• Posted

Yes Mike it is predominantly used as a beta blocker but as per my post not in my case. I was prescribed it by my neurologist to reduce tremor caused by dystonia.

obv I would never stop any pharma drug abruptly hence my post and yes I have been breathless and lethargic since taking it amongst other side effects.  My GP and neuro would no doubt consider changing to another drug but that's the point I don't want to  simply swap to another pharma drug but try a more natural substance.

anyone successfully tried and succeeded safely coming off prooranolol ?

thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.