Weaning/Titration Hell

Posted , 2 users are following.

Weaning off Tramadol. Scared to be dependent on any other meds. Looks like I will be weaning off Zoloft & Xanax in the near future.

Tired of feeling med sick.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update 5/27/15 I have been off Zoloft 25mg for a couple days now and I have never felt better! I have No More horrendous Side Effects from my 4 day usage. I wake up feeling alert, no foggy, cloudy, mind. No headache all day and night long. No more nausea 24 hrs a day. No more loose bowels all day long. I am able to focus now. I don't hide from the world anymore. I answer my phone. I open my curtains. My pc died the other day so I bought a new one and was able to set it up. Had I still been on that Zoloft hell I would not have cared or have the mental alertness to try. I have a appetite again. I taste my food again. I smile again. Phuck Zoloft. I was put on it to wean off of Tramadol. What a mistake. This is not for me. 

I feel good right now. But I need to wean off of Xanax now. I've been on it for two months 0.5mg and I know my body is dependent of this drug. I can feel it. I am starting a new job tomorrow 5/28/15 as a Facilities Manager for a large corporation in the Bay Area, CA USA

My next hurdle will be to Wean off of Xanax. I consider Xanax just as evil as the other's (Tramadol, Zoloft) to Wean off of. It's a low dose but my body is really sensitive to these type of drugs. I am not looking forward to this but at the same time I am. This will be the last chapter of this whole mess of weaning off of Tramadol. I can't believe it's taking all this time with ALL these Other medications just to get off of One drug Tramadol. I have other medications that I take for the Wean but their just for high blood pressure and RLS Restless leg syndrome the Wean causes. Those should be easy..crosses fingers Thank you to thebird55 for your help and support. Angel

• Posted

Update 06-07-2015

Since I've Weaned off of Tramadol and no longer take Zoloft. I've developed this annoying, persistent cough. The Pharmacist seems to think it might be from the Zoloft? She says it takes awhile for it to leave the body. She suggested a cough syrup and I asked my doctor to prescribe me an inhaler. I have no other symptoms that would suggest it is from a cold, flu. I have never suffered from allergies. I don't have sinus or throat issues. It's has to do with my lungs. Not coughing up phlegm.

As long as I don't talk the coughing is not as bad. It wakes me up at 3 am every morning now. I hope it goes away soon. I am starting to become concerned with it.

I really want to start my Wean from my last challenge Xanax. However, I know how grueling withdrawing from Benzos feel like.

Do I really want to withdrawal and have lung issues at the same time?

What I write here is more like a journal and is therapeutic for me.

I am very anxious to get off this Last Wean drug..I don't want to wait to much longer..it will only increase the hell of the Xanax Wean....

big deep sighs

Angel

• Posted

Be careful, that is exactly how my pneumonia started. Twice.

Take a close look at your environment, and any recent changes to it. You may have been exposed to mold or some unknown chemical that you aren't aware of. For example, have you installed any new flooring? Been visiting any new buildings?

• Posted

Update 8-31-15 from my last post on 06-07-2015. After going through 3 bottles of good strength over the counter cough syrup recommended by the pharmacist and an inhaler that cost me $65.00 US dollars. It didn't help the cough at all.

The power of the persistent violent cough was giving me a bad headache. I wasn't able to sleep well. Talking triggered the violent episodes even more. I was even afraid to eat. When I did eat I had to take smaller bites and chew quick and swallow. I was afraid I would start coughing and end up choking on my food. This was a horrible situation for me.

I ended up drinking bottles of prescribed cough syrup without the codeine. Cough pills, antibiotics and sleeping on the recliner in a slanted position just too breath. I lost all sense of smell and taste for 45 miserable days. My lungs became infected and I was a complete mess...again. Weak and lifeless all I could do was pray. I couldn't talk for the whole duration without having a violent cough attack that would send me rushing to the bathroom each and every time. So powerful and violent it make me throw up. I am embarrassed to admit this grown man was changing his underwear at least 16 times per day due to the violent force of the cough that caused me to urinate slightly.

Taking showers seemed like a chore and sucked up all my strength. I believe going through my withdrawal weakened my immune system.

I was going through complete hell literally. I have never been so sick in all my life. My doctor was concerned with me. He said if the antibiotics didn't help I would have to come in for testing and x-rays. I could hear it in my doctor of 10 yrs voice whatever I had was challenging his knowledge.

After 45 days I soon recovered. I was really putting my body through hell because I was battling two monsters. The respiratory illness and the weaning off of Xanax.

Looking back in hind sight I believe the Xanax amplified this flu like respiratory illness and made it a Super Flu to my body. I've been sick before, however Nothing compares to whatever that was. It felt like I was literally knocking on deaths door. I now have an idea of what it feels like to drown.

Today is a new day Aug. 31, 2015 and I thank God for my health. I have a new outlook on "breathing" and how it's a gift we take for granted. Today I am proud to say I am "Medication Free" and my health is back. My back still hurts and it probably always will. But I'd rather live on an ice-pak on my back then pop another damn pill ever again!

I've been through Hell with my multiple Weaning experience/s and lung illness but BACK is important.

It feels so good to have a clear, fresh, sharp mind again. I feel like Angel again. I feel like me. I start my evening classes in Accounting tonight. I have my books and I'm ready for my first class this evening in warm California. Life is good again for me and I give all the glory to God. Without him I would have lost hope. He is my strength and there is no other way for me.

I don't need any more pharmaceuticals that alter my precious brain. I will find an alternative. Holistically

I hope you find your solution soon. Being on pharmaceuticals is no way to live this precious gift called Life in my humble opinion. There is hope for you, if you believe.

Blessings and strength to you. Angel from The Bay, CA USA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.