Wear/clothing after Laproscopical Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Read on here that need larger clothing than normally wear and that pyjamas not comfortable as not want anything round waist.

I cannot afford any clothing and do not have a nightie, as can't sleep in one. I have nothing larger than I normally wear so is what I have read true and what should I do?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had the same op. I did find anything that pressed on my abdomen was quite uncomfortable for about 5 days. I didn't have any problem with elastic waist PJs but certainly couldn't wear my jeans for a few days. I found the loosest fitting pair of linen trousers that I own and made do with those. It wasn't so bad that I needed to buy anything new. 

I'd say just dig out your loosest fitting items in advance of the op and you should be fine. Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, unfortunatly having just lost d hard to lose 4st I threw them all out, all I can do then is be housebound and in a dressing gown  as I only have fitted waist trousers and skirts, nothing loose frown
    • Posted

I wouldn't be frowning if i'd just lost 4 stone!!

If chilling out in a dressing gown for a few days is an option then I'd say that's the best choice anyway. I would have if I could have but 4 children on school holiday meant it wasn't an option   

• Posted

Not frowning about that, it's good. Hate to be forced into things and as a Catholic attend Mass every day which has now been taken from me. One of those days is the day on which I run an elderly persons drop in and chat so will have to be cancelled, another is when we sort out health and saftey at the church hall, again a no.
  • Posted

I was fine wearing pj round my waist

The only

Thing I got bigger was knickers

And proper big ones 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.