Wearing incontinence pants at 25

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 25 and I've had to wear incontinence pants for the last 2 years and they really get me down and I feel uncomfortable does anyone around my age wear them thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry that you have to do this, especially at your age.  I'm much older andI've been in that situation for about 14 months following a surgical mishap by a urologist here in Greensboro.  My leakage is so severe that I was having to change 8 to 10 times a day, and still was never really dry.  So I stated using a condom catheter and bag about 5 months ago, and I find that much more bearable.  I wear a Depends pullup at night, put on the condom catheter and bag in the morning.  So I can go 14-16 hours that way.  The bag drains at a lever operated port just above the ankle, so it's really quick and easy to drain into a toilet.

I use a Coloplat Freedom Clear condom WITHOUT aloe in the adhesive.  I use plenty of skin prep, and that allows the condom to be peeled off fairly easily.

• Posted

Hi James. I'm 32 and have to wear "all in one" diaper protection all the time because I have severe bladder incontinence and sometimes bowel accidents because of neurological and muscular problems. I've had some level of bladder incontinence since my teens and as a child had bowel urgency that sometimes led to accidents. So I think for me the fact that I've had these issues for so long makes it easier to accept now.

I know two other people in their 20s and 30s who have incontinence. Also on forums such as this one I've seen many other posts from people in our age group. You are not alone. It helped me to find out that other people do suffer with this and eventually (this was after many many years of not telling anyone) to be able to talk about it with 3 close friends one of whom also has bladder incontinence from time to time. Finding out that they were supportive and didn't think I was disgusting because of it, really helped me. So did finding the right level of protection that works for me. Personally, I'd rather wear a higher level of protection because large accidents can happen with no warning.

I do still get down and upset about it though at times, especially if I have a bowel accident or my pads leak, it is definitely not easy. I hope you can find some support here and not feel alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.