Wearing shoes.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my surgery on 2 March. It was snowing. Today I tried walking around without the walking boot. As the weather was glorious I was in the garden. I wore a pair of sandals with Velcro straps across the toes and at the ankle. Walking sandals. It was bliss, like " this is the beginning of the end". So if you are feeling trapped, depressed and generally wondering if you will ever be able to walk again, take heart.

I've just got to match up the legs now. One brown one white.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ha Ha Kim, hope for all of us .. that`s great ! it is a challenging tough road .. hang in there people for the gains that are coming !
  • Posted

Hi - I had surgery for bunion and fusion of hammertoe on 3 February this year.  Did my first round of 18 holes of golf yesterday.   Never believed I’d have been able to do that a few months ago!!  Agree don’t despair you get there in the end just do everything you are told👣😁

• Posted

That is great .. happy for you !  :]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.