Wearing trousers

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I am 3 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy today ( not that I am counting!!!)..... When were you able to start wearing trousers? I attempted soon loose fitting linen today and could you just about get past my nono

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what happened there.... I meant to say past my bottom!!!!! I can wear elasticted leggings under dresses etc,..
  • Posted

I started wearing my jeans again on the 3Rd week, but a bigger size as my tummy still swelled. Still undoing my zip wearing them now, nearly 6 weeks post op.. think it takes time to stop swelling.X
  • Posted

I'm at 10 weeks and my tummy still swells if I do too much or lift anything heavy, I was told it can take up to a year before things are really back to normal again frown
    • Posted

Iam 16 weeks post op. I can just only wear jeans but a bigger size and can only keep them on for about 2 hours. Iam usely a size 12 but Iam wearing size 16 stuff for comfort. I had my pj's on for the first 7 weeks then only put long maxi dresses on. My tummy still swells later on in the day I feel like Iam 5 months pregnant lol. You are early days yet so just take it easy xx
  • Posted

Thanks everyone.......guess I best put my hot pants away then!!!!!!
    • Posted

That made me lol bridy just what I needed. But don't give it you may be different xx

• Posted

Hi Bridy

I am six weeks post TAH and BSO and am still living in lounge pants!I put a pair of black lycra trousers on last Saturday when I had to go back to the hospital but only so that I didn't look like a tramp in the waiting room.My tummy is still sore and swollen during the day as well as at night.I am not even going to think about jeans at the moment- it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it LOL 😊

• Posted

Lol.....good ....it's easy to get into a circle of despair, so I do try and sound positive on here....even though I have at east 1 little cry a day!!!
  • Posted

oh dear and there was me thinking i would be back in me size 10's within a couple of weeks, i was thinking that my op keep being cancelled was a good thing as would now get to recover in the spring but now thinking it may be worse as i live and die in jeans most of the time and in the summer its shorts and i don't have the money to go out and buy new clothes and don't have any bigger clothes so perhaps hibernating in the winter would have been the better option, also i have to wear black trousers for work and they are a uniform which i cannot have any newer bigger sizes of as limited to two pairs per person per year and only recently had some new ones, oh dear oh dear i will have to starve myself after op.
  • Posted

Oh dear...don't starve yourself..... We are all a big fan of eating all the things you know you shouldn't I the first few weeks.!!!....m only 3 weeks and lots of people have said it generally gets better...I'm a size 12 and I have been wearing  shift dresses and leggings during the day and they have been fine.....don't start to think about work yet....get your head in a good place for your op... X
  • Posted

You girls have made me feel so much better. There's been a clamp down on dress code at school since I've been off so I thought I'd better put on my suit trousers for my phased return which started on Monday. It was a struggle. Just about did up but so uncomfy. When a waistband button popped off this morning I gave up and put on my leggings, tunic and floaty cardi (covers well). My fibroid made be look 6 months pregnant and now it's gone everyone thinks I'll have a washboard stomach (not that I've ever had one of those!). This "swelly belly" doesn't help your self esteem does it? Not just fat then. I have some excuse I hope. Depressing to think it might be Xmas before I SEE the benefits of this op.
  • Posted

My tummy still swells if I do too much and if I press on it it still feels bruised and my TAH was at the end of October.  I was told I would feel more "normal" by 6 months.  Still get odd little pains particularly on right side so not too sure what's causing that.  My appointment with my Oncologist is at the end of this month.  Currently trying to lose the 3 kilos I have put on!!!  Take care and don't do too much.
  • Posted

Hey lovely i would wear soft support leggings whilst out but as soon as i get back in the house its maxi dress on and knickers off! I will be 5 wks post op on monday TAH xx
  • Posted

Hi , 4 weeks postTAH still wearing yoga pants most days! Bought pair of nice comfy wide leg trousers from asda pre op. They are very forgiving! Stretchy waist, nice stretchy material , I wear them if going out . Ha ha! But they do look smart. Hope you can find something to wear. Don't think I will be in jeans for a while, but you are right , does make you feel a bit naff when you live in joggers etc! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.