Weather!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Heat wave, old age and PMR don't mix😡😡

The strange thing about it the aches are still there.  I thought warmth would help.  Are others coping alright, or is it only me?

1 like, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Does sound unusual for your part of the world to be so hot.   We of course always have that kind of temps and really high humidity during mid spring to mid autumn so last year we invested in solar power and airconditioning. It costs so much to run but saves our sanity. We still have to do some work outside but somehow our bodies adapt and night times are now pleasant.  Its winter now and the weather is beautiful 15-23 so I'm lapping it up while I can and dreading summer.

Hope your weather breaks soon so you can enjoy the summer again.

• Posted

I live in the DC area: hot and humid all summer. HATE that!!  Temps in the high 80s and 90s most of the time. Am a native European: grew up in Munich and England. 5.5 mg Pred. Drink 2 litres of water per day. Avoid the sun. Drink Gatorade (electrolyte drink so as not to overwater). Stay out of the heat. Eat lightly. Take my pred in the am. Yoga and exercise in the air conditioning. Walk when it is cooler and try to get 7- 8 hrs sleep per night. (Happily my job is indoors in Air Conditioning). I whine and groan a lot throughout the summer.
    • Posted

Where in Germany and England did you live, and for how long?

I live in Soest, NRW.  My husband and I have lived in different parts of Germany, for the last 44 years.

C. 💐

• Posted

I am sitting here, smiling away 'down under', thinking about your heat wave dilemas.confused  I did my big OE in England in another great British summer - the year of 75 (?) I think it was. I couldn't understand why British people always used to complain about their weather. It was great when I was there. I met a British tourist in recent years and he said 'oh you must have been there in 75 'or was it 76. I was surprised -he said it was your last great summer - it was an out of the ordinary one. Humidity and wet weather are not kind to my problems.  We are getting some record low temps in NZ, with even more records forecast for this week coming.
    • Posted

It's strange, sitting here sweltering in 36 dregs, to think of you 'laughing' (yes 'laughing'!) at us.   Poor us!  Have a heart, we're just not used to it.  Who expects these sort of temperatures in mid Germany?  However, the end is nigh, 23 - 25 promised for next week.  Roll on!

I've come to the conclusion that NO weather is any good for us poor old PMR sufferers.  Ah well!

C💐

• Posted

Hi Constance,

Munchen. I grew up there and went to Uni, then came to USA.

Cheers,

Paula

• Posted

And also lived in London and Westgate-On-Sea in Kent, where I went to boarding school. Came here in 1972: a looong time ago. 

Paula

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.