Weather

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does the fluctuations in the weather affect people's RA? I was under the impression that weather fluctuations didn't have much affect on RA. But a couple people now have told me it does. Although I highly suspect they only heard the word Arthritis when I actually said I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I know some people choose to call it Rheumatoid Disease instead of Rheumatoid Arthritis b/c people make assumptions when the term Arthritis is in there.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Most of the 'older' population have arthritis, when you tell them you have RA all they hear is arthritis and assume yours is like theirs.   I think they would get a hell of a shock if they knew how RA affects the body.   I had OA in back, neck, elbows, hips and shoulder 20 years before the onset of RA, bad enough for mr to be retired, but I can tell you OA is a walk in the park when compared with RA.

• Posted

I have had RA for 15 years now and I never have linked weather to how my RA behaves. Some people swear weather is a factor, and I would swear the opposite. Just shows how differently each individual experiences this disease.
  • Posted

I have definitely notice how my body redpond to weather changes. The cold, damp, rain, high winds, cloudy days high low temp increases or whenever the temperature changes it hurts. I noticed how my joint pain increase along with stiffness and extreme fatigue during these times. Its painful to move and my body feels like I was smashed by a truck; Im in the bed all day because I simply dont have the energy to just get up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.