Weather Change and Injury Implant reaction

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello folks, I want to know does plates and screws implants to fix fractures reacts to the weather change? Like it gets colder in winter and hot in summers causing pain in discomfort. I am in 5th week of my post op open ankle fracture with 2 plates and 9 screws. Recovering. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Very Good point you’ve made, I noticed last week that I’m experiencing a different pain that I’ve not experienced before. I’m 8 months down the line and I’ve had the need to take pain killers again. 
    • Posted

Hey Darren, I hope the pain goes away. However you should give your physician a call and check. 
    • Posted

Thank you! 

I was also thinking it is to do with the Weather,because  in summer I suffered discomfort when the temp was high and recently since the weather has changed I’m getting a dull ache,as you suggested I’ll seek advise,  I shall be running it by the orthopaedics and physiotherapists for answers. Thanks again, get well soon. 

• Posted

Well that’s great if run this by your ortho and PTT, I will also ask my folks. Please do keep me posted. 
  • Posted

Hi. I have had a lot of ankle problems, 7 ops in 14yrs and I have to say that the cold has effected me over the yrs. Not had leg/ankle pain during the winter for a number a long time. 

Yesterday in the UK it was pretty cold and I woke at 3am in complete agony with what I can only describe as pain inside my tib, fib and talus and all the other bones in my foot.

If i could have easily chopped my leg off I would have done! They only thing that helped was a really hot bath, as hot as I could stand.

I'm going to chat to my physio and consultant at my next appointments. And I'm going to follow this post closely too. 

Claire. Xx

• Posted

Hey Claire, I am so sorry to hear what you have gone through. May be keep your ankle warm with ace bandage and warm socks to avoid such pain. Hope it goes away and never come back. Take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.