Wedding nerves-anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi just looking for some advice. i am due to marry my H2B In august this year and the wedding anxiety has started to kick in. we have been together for 5 years nearly and never had any relationship problems. now all of a sudden ive got wedding anxiety/nerves which are crippling me at the moment not being able to sleep and always on edge. i suffer with anxiety anyway and i am on medication. i am very happy in my relationship but now my anxiety has kicked in i keep asking questioning myself about our upcoming marriage is this normal? has anyone experienced anxiety like this. it is making me feel uneasy. H2B Is very supportive. how can i deal with this anxiety?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It’s normal to have wedding anxiety. It’s a big change in your life. A lot of people go through this.

You have been together for five years which is some thing. I wish that more people would do before they got married. You’ve been together long enough to know if you want to be with this person. for the rest of your life. and it sounds like you do.

If you can say that he is your best friend, you can trust him, that he has your back in any situation, that he respects you, and that you can’t imagine, being without him, there’s good communication, you have the makings of a great marriage!

It’s very normal to have the wedding jitters. But everything is going to work out. Sounds like you have a great relationship.

also, the fact that he is very supportive of you right now is awesome! He sounds like a great guy.

is there a specific reason you are questioning the wedding? Or is it just the anxiety questioning it? remember that anxiety can put scary and negative thoughts into our head that are not really based on fact or reality.

find ways to calm down your mind. Listen to some meditations for anxiety on YouTube. You may just be over thinking everything because it’s a big step.

You can even speak with a counselor I think that would help you a lot! You could even do virtual counseling. A counselor could put all this in perspective for you

I have a feeling everything is going to work out great for you. It’s hard to find a guy these days with all of those qualities. No marriage is 100% perfect. it takes good communication and compromise.

I wish you all the best! Congratulations❤

• Posted

hi thank you for your reply.

this has re assured me a bit more. yes the anxiety is scaring me. i just keep questioning do i want to get married? i feel different to when i got engaged 2 years ago. like suddenly all scared and questioning is this the right time right person? but i keep thinking if i had doubts they would of popped up before now? i am having therapy at the moment and ive even been signed off work its that bad. its hard because my anxiety keeps flipping from one to the other and its frightening me. because i feel this way i feel withdrawn from everyone and everything. do you know anyone who has experienced this?

• Edited

sorry, this is long, but I think I should’ve been a counselor ha ha so your doubts are mainly you questioning if you really want to get married? It’s not anything about your fiancé ?

have your feelings changed about him?

glad you are getting some counseling .

So I’m way older than you and I do know Several people who have gone through this. I can tell you that they are all still happily married. This is common.

if I could tell single people, one thing about marriage, it would be to marry your best friend!! I wouldn’t have it any other way.

would he be gone if you didn’t get married? Or would you stay together?

Then you ask yourself if I didn’t get married what would I be doing? Would it be fulfilling?

Hope I’m not confusing you, but I think the main thing is to go with your heart.

no matter what decision you make, it will work out. You may have to make adjustments here or there, but something is going to work out for you. When I ruminate about decisions, my daughter always says. "OK what’s the worst that can happen?" and she’s right. Even if we make the wrong decision, we can still adjust things to work for us.

Don’t let anxiety and fear control you. I know what that feels like. Just go over your options. Give it a little time and then make a decision. Nothing is worse than ruminating in your head over and over. It’s miserable.

That’s something you can explore with the counselor .

remember, you’re going to be OK.! No matter what decision you make.

• Posted

Imagine it like a roller coaster, you're always nervous and even when you sit on the carriage you're anxiety is through the roof! but then the adrenaline kicks in and before you know it you're back in the station wanting to go round again and when you look back the nerves were normal but the ride was amazing 😁

• Posted

Hey,

I went through the same thing last year - in July, actually.

My Wife and I both suffer from anxiety at various degrees. Building up to it was non-stop anxiety inducing! A concoction of worry, and frustration, mixed with self-doubt.

I think for many people though, especially those more prone to be anxious, it's a very normal reaction.

I can't offer any advice. Just to say that it will pass. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't focus, I couldn't get excited.

You know what though? Through the nerves, my Wedding Day was one of the best days of my life - if not the best day. Did we have unexpected problems? Of course! It changed nothing though.

It will be worth it. Your anxiety will eventually pass. You'll be glad you had such a special day.

I hope it will go well. In fact, I know it will.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.