Week 10 - feeling good but sick!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiya all,

I’m onto week 10 now – I’m feeling so much better in myself, I can’t believe it. On week 1, I was seriously planning how to end it all & now I look back & think “shit, what was I thinking”. I’m having counselling once a week to, which is helping (I didn’t think it would) I just can’t get over how I’m starting to be a bit of the old me again.

One thing tho, I feel so ill. I don’t know if it’s the tablets or I’ve just caught a bug. On Friday had to pull over the car on the way home from work to be sick & then have felt a bit yucky over the weekend. About half an hour ago, I almost passed out at my desk & feel very very sick now & my head is killing, already taken 2 lots of co-codamol & drinking red bull to see if will help (at work, so am half sprawled out trying to type & not be dizzy – good job have own room)

Has anyone else had this or do you think I just have some kind of bug?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for that, im gonna get some Milk of Magnesia then tomorrow as still bad stomach x

Bad news - Sunday I took Mum out and had a few glasses of wine as my sis had come up as well from Hornchurch, and my brother in law was driving. BIG MISTAKE!!

It sent me on a downward spiral so quickly, and everyone left me, and I was so alone, and honestly don't even know exactly what I did.

I'm just going to say, DON'T DRINK WITH THESE PILLS.

Just trust me, I have been so poorly, have had to take Monday and Tuesday off work as have been so ill, and they are NOT happy with me. Planning on returning tomorrow, though I really don't want to.

I am happier in my own life (still with Pete who is amazingly supportive) yet I still managed to feel like dying again. Why is that?

I love my children so much, and now I love Pete too, and Mum has had some quality days, yet this weekend was terrible again.

I cant just blame the drink, although I do think this was the main reason.

Feel desperate to talk to someone now, as sometimes my head feels like a honeycomb with a thousand things going round at the same time, and I am so tired. I slept nearly all day yesterday and today.

Is anyone else feeling like I am? I started these pills on Feb 4th, and am now wondering whether they are bad for me, or if it was just purely because I drank with them?

Anyone have any idea?

• Posted

Hi Suz and everyone,

I also started Feb 4th and feel like poo at the moment. I'm constantly tired, I have mega bags under my eyes and I too have had a dodgy tummyfor about the last 10 days. Put it this way, I'm glad I have an office to myself!

I have resorted to not only taking my 20mg Flu tablet before bed but also a 400mg Ibuprofen and a full extra strenth Nightol tablet. I have had the headache from hell the last week and it's in the same place and the Nightol is so i can sleep all the way through.

Last night I was awake with chest pains and started thinking I was going to have a heart-attack!!! :oops: I'm only 30!!!

Back at docs on Friday for next months prescription :twisted: so will mention these things to my GP.

Still, I'm better on them than off them as I'm calmer, controlled and I the last suicidal thought I had was in the first week back at the start of Feb. So not all bad.

Suz - I'm so pleased that you and Pete are still strong and great that your family was together at the weekend. I do agree though - STAY OFF THE DRINK!!!

I had a single Malibu and diet lemonade last night in the hope it would knock me out, this has been the forth drink I've had in 12 weeks and each time it does the same, makes me feel rotten. Don't know if the chest pains are off the drink but I certainly don't feel better for it. It was such a chore getting out of bed this morning, getting the little fella ready and now I'm in work, I could quite easily have 40 winks at my desk. I don't want my P45 however so I'll stay awake he he!!

We're getting there, slowly but surely and yes, there will be a few set backs on the way but that's life isn't it. If it doesn't kill us, it can only make us stronger and by being on this site, by taking these pills, by admitting to how we feel - well, that to me is making us individually stronger.

Take care all, enjoying the posts.

Ang :lol:

• Posted

hey suzisue

sorry u not feeling so bright have been wondering where u have been & how u doin! I'd have to agree with Ang - I think this is just how it rolls on these meds I've been up down & here there an every where on these now feeling like I wished I'd not started them - if I feel happy then its seems fake down to the meds & if I feel like sh** then its also down to them lol I dunno m8 I started mine 14th Feb & I not overly sure what I feel like most the time if I'm not yawning then I'm asleep if I'm not asleep then I in my bubble world on so on........

guess for now we all keep ploding on wot else can we do eh?

But remember if u gotta let off steam u know where to come u held your hand to me.......I can only offer mine backxxx

Keep posting m8 we still got many miles to end of the roadxxxxxxx

Fellow fluoxters...................it hard but STOP BLOODY YAWNING LMAO!!!!!!!

• Posted

Oh yuk!!!

Dont think it was a bug I had (at the begining of this topic) I still feel the same, had to make myself sick last night, to just be able to not feel so horrible.

Im so so tired, these past 2 weeks, the tiredest I have been so far, and my head - ouch. Im living on red bull & co-codamol & they seem to have little or no effect. No matter how tired I am, Im waking up around 5am-ish every morning & then cant get back to sleep. Evil, evil meds.

Addy, I know exactly what you mean about the \"fake happiness\" thats what i feel like, im being happy-ish on the outside yet inside im screaming & angry & wanting to cry & just argh!!!

I feel so dam crazy!

• Posted

Hey guys,

Hi-me and Addy, i completely agree... i seem to get the hyperness and 'fake highs' where to all i will appear happy but i know deep down that something still aint right!

Take today, its my birthday... someone in the office wished me happy birthday and i replied something along the lines of 'its no big deal...doesnt really feel like its my birthday...'

and the person replied ''well its a celebration of another year here isnt it''...and i just thought \"yeah, unfortunately!!\"

no-one in the office knows im on fluox or that ive been diagnosed with depression, and as its a new job ive chosen not to disclose this so far.

But I feel a bit false sometimes.

Not a lot i can do there! Hate being tired though as I know the tablets affect me but others don't so it probably just seems Im lazy!! lol.

Hope all you're tummys and heads are feeling bit better soon!

xx

off to the pub now, but will prob only have one or at a push two as too much alcohol makes me very ill lately and what with having to get up for work its not sensible!!

• Posted

Hey real pleased i'm not only one feeling bit fake lol

Hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY SJT X

• Posted

Feeling fake sometimes feels worse than if i could just be miserable!

I know this bit is about Fluoxetine, but I need to ask something & cant find a topic on it elsewhere.

Self harm - does naybody else have this? Im so scared, I thought the meds would help me with this (I started cutting just before I started the meds) but I cant stop. It hit me last night what a mess my arms are (mainly left one as Im right handed I was worried it would be more noticeable) ther urge to do it all the time is getting so much. it helps me feel better/calmer but i dont want to do it at the same time as wanting to do it.

Only 2 people know (my counsellor & sum1 I am very close to) my husband doesnt know (thats how good I am at hiding it) im so scared & really dont know what to do. if anyoe can help or point me in the right direction of the part where can discuss this Id really appreciate it.

Sorry for hijacking the med bit x

• Posted

There is a search function on Patient UK Experience in the top green banner \"Search experience\". If you type self harm or self-harm into the box it will return all those topics which have postings which mention the word/phrase you have searched on. Self harm returns Nerve Drugs and if you open that up you'll see a few fluoxetine discussions that have postings mentioning self harm.

Patient Admin Team

• Posted

Hello to you all, Ang, Addy, Hi-me, SJT, everyone.

I'm so sorry to hear about all your struggles and stuff, and I know exactly what you mean about when you're happy you don't feel like it's real. It feels 'fake' to me too.

Aw guys, my Mother nearly died last night, and my son was with me as well. He's 17, and really gone through a bad time over last 5 years too.

His school has just called me saying he is in tears, and they have referred him to CANNs, or some adulescent service to help young people. I am so scared for him to tell the truth. I've been thinking lately that he is very depressed, crying a lot, and has lost his appetite big time. What are we like?

I love him so much, and am so so worried about him. Last night was terrible for us both, and especially for mum, who is stable now. But at one stage we thought she had gone.

I am now worried sick about Danny (my son). Do youthink I should take him to the Dr? I just don't know, he's so young to even be feeling like this, and for me to be contemplating that he may need some medication.

He does open up to me, I know he is going through so much, and misses his Father, and my Dad so much.

Addy, thank you so much for your kindness and I'm always here for you too. I need to give you all a big HUG cos I hate the thought of you feeling like this inside.

SJT I hope you managed to have a good birthday in the end mate

Hi-me, God it's awful how you're feeling too, I guess my OD attempt was a cry for help and a type of self harming too, but I know it's different. I wish I could help you.

Start a post just for you babe, and write down how you're feeling, and why you want to do this to yourself. I'm always popping on here and I'll listen, we all will, and we'll try to help you if we can.

Please just try and do that, it might help you,

Im thinking of you all, and hope you have a good weekend, without too much feeling crap.

Ang, you always help everyone, but I know inside you must feel crap sometimes, Im always here for you too, sometimes you have to let it out.

BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG to you all xxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Suz,

Im sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time, i hope that things might improve for you and your family. I feel awful as the situation you're in makes me feel like i have so much less to worry about than you but at the same time this illness makes us feel terrible no matter what i guess. We all have subjective experiences in life!

In regards to Danny, you're probably right that he is also having a tough time at the moment...from experience i know it isnt easy to have family problems of whatever nature (illness, depression, violence around etc) and my advice would be to try to speak to him or find out if there is someone he trusts to speak to about what he really feels.

I know in my heart that i have been unhappy for many years, and at 15/16 it was worst for me. I was very depressed and would self-harm and self-medicate on various medications due to stress headaches and such - i lived off ibuprofen! However, to the outside world i was a happy, outgoing, confident and stable person who yes had the hormones changing but otherwise was 'sorted'... inside i wasnt and was screaming for help but wouldnt talk.

My mum did often try to see how i was as i think she knew i was affected by family things but i did a pretty convincing job of making out i was ok...which in turn meant she turned to me and (not that its her fault) put her trust in me and talked to me about a lot of things that really as her child and a young person i shouldnt have been dealing with.

so i bottled it all up (well, let it out in my own ways) and seemed more in control for a few years (mainly due to moving to uni and having a stable relationship i guess) but things in the last year have gone very bad and I got so bad that i just completely crashed and burned and finally admitted to having depression, and equally ended up on the flouoxetine.

Sorry, didnt mean to rant was just trying to set scene -

Anyway, I think it depends on what sort of person your son is and how he copes with upset. However, dont forget that its perfectly alright for him to be upset and cry - especially if there are worries such as losing his grandmother whom he might be close to.

So like i said, he *might* not be what i guess we are 'clinically depressed' but it is worth trying to get him to open up and even if you do go the GP they can ask him all the usual questions to ascertain how he is coping.

Be strong, I know it is difficult but you really are a good mother and daughter, and a very strong woman.

know that you are loved and have support, through all of us on here!

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.