Week 10 on Cabergoline - does anyone else feel tired and dizzy?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi,  

I was after some help - I was diagnosed with a Pituary Tumour which was producing too much Prolactin.  I've been put on Cabergoline and am on week 10.  

I am spending a lot of my days lying in bed, muscles ache and I go for days feeling tired and then I'm Ok again.

I often have a dizzy feeling which is very hard to explain - I'm still able to function but I'm very aware I don't feel quite right.

Since the diagnosis I'm also finding it hard to know which emotions are real or just my hormones.  I get very stressed easily and also angry.

I'm really struggling with this whole thing and although I'm not alone - feel very isolated and perhaps even depressed to be honest.

I'm freelance and have taken time off work - so perhaps this is making it worse - however I'm scared of taking on work and being too tired to do it properly.  

Any help or advice would be really appreciate - just be good to speak to someone who's had a similar experience.

Thanks

Sophie 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sophie,

I have just joined this forum.

I have been diagnosed with a prolactinoma for 4 years. I had been prescribed Cabergoline.

I have had these symptoms general lack of strength and joint aches. Loss of balance.

My consultalt has advised to discontinue use of Cabergoline and see how I am in 8 weeks, 7 weeks to go. Currently I still have all the symptoms also now nauseous and breasts aching.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I take cabergoline and have joint aches, The testosterone injection helps counter the strength bit but the joints still ache. Have you got to grips with this now?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.