Week 12 and doing great!

Posted , 4 users are following.

This will be a week 12 for me since my big toe fusion and the first two months were absolutely horrible but with time and lots of icing and elevation my foot is doing great. Went to the doctor yesterday to get my final x-ray so I can go back to work and it looks to be 100% fused. I deliver mail for a living so I walk just shy of 12 miles  up-and-down stairs every day .  So the rocky start to this journey had me nervous .  Now I’m walking 6 to 10 miles every day on my treadmill and things feel great .  My biggest piece of advice I can give anyone that had their great toe fused or bunion surgery is ice and elevate as much as possible while you are awake your first eight weeks .  It makes a huge difference !   Also when you get the OK to put heel weight on it in the boot don’t overdo it!!! 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm 8 weeks post op revised surgery on my left foot.....Big toe fusion, 2/3rd toe weils osteotomy and right now I'm so dissapointed.

I'm still walking on the ball of my foot which was the reason for having this op in the first place.

I had revised surgery on my right foot in 2016, exactly the same procedure but I could see big results within 2 weeks..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.