week 13 for daughter

Posted , 4 users are following.

another good week, still a few side effects lingering, a couple of nasty headaches, that wear off through the day, and hot sweats in the day and night time, but a couple of good nights sleep, so thats an improvement.

she has been and bourght a new car, well, almost 3 years old, mini roadster, that the roof comes off, so thats cheered her up!

she has had a few tummy pains, but i think that may be anxiety, or her tummy problems from before the depression.

not so many chocolate cravings this week, so thats good!

hopefully she continues to improve.

i hope those reading this have a good day. xx

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'm so happy to hear all of this Karen! She sounds like she's well on the way to recovery which is fantastic! I wish you and her all the best, she's so lucky to have a supportive mother like you. smile
    • Posted

thankyou, thats lovely, there is no denying it has been a struggle at times, but we have learnt together during this horrid time, and i do think she appreciates me a little more now, which is good. xx
  • Posted

That's good to hear, and the new cars sounds good too!  Minis are nice looking cars :-)

My son seems to be doing well again.  He seems more animated and I hear him laughing occasionally again.  Fingers crossed.

K xx

• Posted

Hi kate

Glad to hear your sons feeling a bit brighter, its the little things like laughing or singing out loud along to something on the radio that ive noticed myself doing too. Such a good sign! I think it means we're well enough to forget the illness at least sometimes :-)

Hope youre doing well too? This must have put a strain on you (& karen!) To see your kids go through this.

Heres to a bright future! ♥

Take care

Vix x

• Posted

Thanks Vix

Yes, sometimes you don't notice yourself getting better, it creeps up so slowly, and as you say you suddenly find yourself singing :-)  Definitely a sure sign,

Yes I'm doing ok, not 100% as I was before my son was ill, but getting there.  Very traumatic indeed watching your child go through this - I wished I could have taken it all from him.

Glad to hear you're singing - it's a great feeling when you start to leave the depression behind.

K xx

• Posted

oooo thats fab, im so glad he is on the up again, it pulls at the heart strings so much to see them in any kind of upset,but makes the day much brighter when you can see they are in a good place. big hugs to you both, how are you doing kate? xx
    • Posted

Yes, small steps all the time.  So good to see them turn a corner isn't it :-)  I'm doing ok thanks, feeling more restful. Enjoying looking out at the snow in the fields behind our house today - so pretty :-)

Hope you're doing well tos Karen x

• Posted

Hi karen

Thats so lovely to hear ♥ sounds like she's finally through the worst and coming out on the brighter side! Fab.

Very jealous of the mini, im hoping for one when my husbandhusband changes his car in a month or so -let me know how she likes it!

I think im finally heading out to the bright side too, without wanting to jinx it im feeling pretty good at the mo (just insomnia n night sweats to get rid of but in the grand scheme of things they're easy to deal with.

Hope she continues to improve n looses those last few side effects/symptoms.

Take care

Vix xx

• Posted

she traded her mini in, for this soft top one, and loves it to bits already, and when we had all the snow, the mini handled fab in it, when it took her 2 and half hours to get home, instead of the usual 15 minutes!

im so glad your in a good place right now ( shhhhhhh, dont want to jinx it)  and it also gives other reading this a chance to see it does get better. daughter still has the day/night sweats, and insomnia, and other bits and bobs that keep showing up, but they soon go again. keep smiling  , big hugs!!

• Posted

Oh and the other thing, your daughters probably the same : I keep lying in bed at night being annoyed by a squeeky grinding noise.......... then I realise its me clenching n grinding my teeth!!!!! Haha I have to physically stop myself doing it. But after everything else I find that kind of amusing rather than annoying now :-)

Xx

• Posted

that drives her mad, she doesnt realise she is doing it until her jaw aches so much, or it wakes her up, and its much more noticeable when she is tired.

at the moment she just wants some good nights sleep, as she is shattered, and not been sleeping again,

i hope today is a good one. xx

• Posted

Lack of sleep makes everything so much harder :-( ive stopped sleeping well after upping the dose but I try to reset my body s sleep pattern by taking sleep aid just for a night or two. Had 7hrs last night after taking one so hopefully thats broken the sleepless pattern. Worth a try for your daughter maybe? (I cant take 2 unless im able to lie in late next day).

Hope she gets some sleep. Think today is gonna be a good day - hope so I help out at daughters brownies weds n have 24 of them dounf sowing tonight... aaagggghgg!) :-)

Xx

• Posted

Doing sewing...... flippin phone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.