Week 14 with an increase inbetween!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! Ive been on citalopram for 14 weeks (10 weeks on 10mg and this is my 4th week on 20mg) i am better than what i was but im still getting dizziness almost everyday and it sends my anxiety through the roof and also morning anxiety! Im just looking for reassurance really...is this normal? Is it because i have increased and its like starting over again? Thanks x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi Lauren56079/yes,because you changed dosage ,you will get side effects ,so 20 mgs will need to change your brain and body and it will take 8/10 weeks to work

• Posted

this is very normal - i'm only increasing by 2.5mg and working up to 10mg and I feel side effects from that increase, let alone your big increase. a lot of people say it takes many weeks to recover and we just need patience.....something i very much struggle with. i walk every day and avoid caffeine etc. i struggle with concentration, too but i'm about to go up another 2.5mg and not looking forward to it.

the virus really isn't helping me at the moment, how about you? it has massively increased my anxieties.

• Posted

My morning anxiety was the last thing to go. You'll get there, it just takes a while. I've been convinced for weeks that I wasn't going to get better but as of 5 days ago, I can see the improvements gradually day by day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.