Week 2 plateau?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I lost 8lbs on my first week and second week I've stayed the same, so annoyed as actually I've put on 4oz! Has anyone else experienced this?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yep all the time I don't think weight loss is linear for women other things play parts like water weight from totm etc

• Posted

Thanks Leah. TOTM finished yesterday so was hoping it might have sorted itself out by now but clearly not. Going to try and stay away from the scales for a few days. Also exercised for an hour this morning so really going to try and go for it this week with that to see if it helps.
  • Posted

Hi candymycandy,

Hi you are doing well, I am on my second week it not up until Wednesday fingers crossed that I have lost but I am not expecting to have lost as much as the first week although it would be good.

Are you following any eating plan , I have been trying to follow slimming world this week, i don't think that i am eating enough fat as I have not had any off the side effects thst i have read about.

Notthat I want them lol.

• Posted

deffo not Loraine! If you're not getting the side effects you're doing it right. You only get all those horrific ones you read about if you eat too much fat. I'm tracking my intake on my fitness pal so know I'm always under the limit.

• Posted

Yes I have been writing everything down in a app i down loaded, I think I started with my fitnesspal but changed to lifesum but now I have looked at my fitness pal I am thinking of changing to that as i eat at least 4 meals a day to coincide with taking my medication and the lifesum only jas space for 3 meals were i noticed with my fitness pal you can add in suppet snacks or even change the name to what you want, I takes a while to get used to having to fill it in but one you hsve finished a week its easier as you have items already there insread of having to search for everything

Good luck

Loraine x

• Posted

I had been using loseit but just recently changed to mynetdiary as it shows you clearly how many calories you have eaten are coming from carbs, fat, and protein. 

I am trying to follow a higher lean protein, lower simple carb (flour/sugar), low fat sorta eating plan. But to be honest I have had a few slip ups (Valentines dinner) and my Hubby is a bit of a feeder. He likes to show love by bringing in little treats here and there. So probably had about 3-4 items I shouldn't have over the last 2-3 weeks. 

I haven't been perfect but working on it. Eating smaller portions (half the plate vegetables or salad) and such. Instead of 2 enchaladas I had 1 and then a undressed salad. Instead of having 3-4 cups of tea/coffee with biscuits I have limited it to 2 per day with 100 calorie or less biscuit/treat. 

Today I had

Breakfast- smoothie with spinach, low fat yogurt, frozen berries

10 am- out to dobbies with hubby, had a cappaccino (no sugar) with a scone

12 pm - home made veggies soup

3 pm - post workout protein shake

6 pm- spaghetti bolognaise with loads of veg in the homemade sauce. I only put half the plate with pasta then top with two big scoops of sauce/meat, fill other half of plate with salad/tomato/cucumbers. 

(Normally I would have courgetti noodles but since there is a courgette crisis atm and its the end of the week...normal pasta it is lol)

8pm - likely to have my tea and a go ahead 100 cal cookie bag

So not perfect. Still had a scone and pasta....but getting there. smile

• Posted

I think that's a good diet it's a shame your not on my fitness pal we could be buddies on there! This weekend has been semi ok. Not ideal but better than last weekend. I will have worked out 4 times this week so I'm hoping to lose the 3lbs I gained this week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.