Week 3 and a bit... :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello all.

I'm actually looking for a bit of reassurance.

I was on Mirtazapine 15mg for 6 days and on a increased dose of 30mg for 19 days.

I am sleeping now most nights and my appetite has increased a little. My anxiety and expression have decreased a tiny bit but nothing major. I still feel very anxious,negative and depressed when I first wake. 

I've had some ok days and some bad days but haven't had no days where I'm feeling and thinking " normal" or believing that there is a end to feeling like this.

Am I expecting to much too soon? 

I would appreciate some good feedback as I thing my mind is a little to fragile right now to hear any horror stories.

Thankyou xx

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Gillian

I am sure the same will happen to you, you just have to be prepared to try the different drugs.  I do the think the SSRIs are a waste of time and so do lots of other people.  This year has been a nightmare for me and I never thought I would ever feel well again.   It's so wonderful to feel your old self again feeling happy and having lots of energy.

I will watch the posts and hope to see you feeling happy again.

Love Pat xx

• Posted

Hi patricia read your post saying you take mirtazapine and venlafaxine i am on 45 mirtazapine still dnot feel  well i  feel they to have stopped working. Been taking this med for about 6/7 months now upped  from 30mg to 45mg  around about  June because i went down on that dose losing all faith of getting any better now as its coming up to a year now i went down big time didn't get out of bed,eat,sleep etc. Was put on citlopam and sleeping tabs till January. Saw a psychiatrist  was suicidal she put me on mirtazapine. just feel thay get you so far then Bang i feel so low every day is a stuggle motivation a 0,  im  crying for England. all the psyciatrist says keel tying had enough. please any advise x
    • Posted

Thank you. I think that your post must of done the trick because tonight is a good night smile 

I may crash again tomorrow but I will deal with that then.

Xx

• Posted

HI Michelle

I was just like you with the Mirt.  It worked at first but then it would stop working.  Everone is different and I wouldn't advise anyone what to take as I am not a medic.  However I think you get to the point that you will try anything and as I said in the post my Psych. said that sometimes Venlafaxine and Mirt don't work when taken singly but as a combination they are excellent.  If your present meds. don't work it might be worth asking your psych. about the combination.

Good luck anyway  I do hope you will have success soon.

Pat

• Posted

Me to Pat.

Thank you.

Ive had my best day so far today. Not 100%,still a few negatives and fears there but hopefully in a few weeks that will pass. 

I found some relaxation audios on YouTube and listened to one last night and another this morning. I think they really helped with that morning anxiety xx

• Posted

Hi Gillian

So delighted to read of your good news.  That morning feeling is the worst thing about depression. I  remember reading a book by I think her name was Claire Weeks and in it she said that you can feel great at night and think "right that's it I am over it!" because you felt so great at night and that was certainy me.  She then went on to say but the next morning that awful feeling was back again.  I think that waking up with that feeling is the worst thing about depression.  I used to stay in bed

until late afternoon I just couldn't face getting up.  What I am trying to say in my long winded way Gillian is that the morning you wake up and don't have that awful feeling you will know you are well on the way to recovery.   I couldn't believe it that after nearly two years I suddenly woke up feeling fantastic.   Your day will come and I hope you will let me know when it does.

Love Pat xx

• Posted

I read that too somewhere. I think it was in a poem or a write up somebody had wrote about depression.

i can't wait for that day. The day when it gets to night time and I realise that right from opening my eyes,,the day was good smile 

You make me feel better Pat. Think it always does when somebody is through the other side and can tell you how it is xx

• Posted

I have always been a night person. I will typing at this machine till earlly inth emorning. I told my cousin that I often didn't get up until 111. This was partly because of my meds - but I am not working although I do have voluntary work that I do - and I can't make alll my appointments in the afternoon. But I play in an orchestra, sing in a choir etc whichall meet in the evening.

When I was working and wellish I would wake up early and get up at 6, and sit at the computer etc. By 9 I would be absolutely knackered. Rather than feeling good about getting up early I would feel washed out etc.

Also I have found that I would get up early, feel good, mybe lying awake and creating my own reality, but then when I came up against the external reality of the world outside I would crumble.

I have come to the conclusion that when one's own internal world bears something like some relationship to the exteral world then one is approaching what is generally referred to as "wellness".

• Posted

You are in the exact spot I am, 15mg for 6 days, and now 30mg for about 23 days, and I feel just like you.  I feel a bit better, but I don't anticipate much more than this, however I do feel a bit better, and my doctor said a couple months before you can really judge, however just the fact that it is doing anything beneficial at all, no matter how small, could be a good sign...I wish I knew more, I will be sure to fill everyone in after a couple months on this..
    • Posted

It's hard isn't it Peter? Trying to keep calm to relieve anxiety but staying active enough to try and beat the depression.

Ive not had a day yet where I feel like my old self..have you?

I have though as you said had days where I feel a little better.

My doc said 6-8 weeks on these but he says that about everything. 

I will also come back with any progress xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.