Week 3 of citalapram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all been on citalapram this is my 3rd week after coming off sertraline (had a bad time on that)citalapram worked for me a few years ago but then just stopped working I tried lots of ad's with no joy so doc said try these again it was so long ago I stared them the first time can't remember how long it took to work just hoping it's not to long I've got the negative thoughts anxiety and a bit if low mood the side effects arnt half as bad as when I was on sertraline ANY ADDVICE PLEASE

THANks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

it can take good 6 weeks till side effects of starting the citalopram to subside. May seem like ages away, but try and ride it out and look for positive changes
    • Posted

Thanks for reply

First 2 weeks wasn't to bad but 3rd week feeling the side effects

• Posted

Don, I have just finished a month and am still having some side effects. Hope they start subsiding soon. How are you doing now?
    • Posted

Hi thanks for reply

I just feel low most of the time and have anxiety just Hoping these mess kick in soon people on here say it can take up to 8 weeks

Do you have negative thoughts ? I just seem to worry about every little thing

• Posted

Yup, that is me to a tee. Worry myself silly over small things, and used to be a really carefree person. I am sure with all the other side effects, this will lessen too with time. I sure hope so. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.