Week 3 of Ramipril !

Posted , 3 users are following.

Week 1 I saw dramatic decreases in my blood pressure down to 126/80 (single dose)

Week 2 bp down to 113-120/79! (Double dose started

Week 3 BP seems to be flatlining at 130-148 sad so is actually increasing

Has anyone experienced this??

Also - side effects I'm experiencing are night sweats, dull head aches, abdominal cramps and constipation. I get a little dizziness but the abdominal pain/constipation and night sweats are incredibly uncomfortable. But I haven't read a lot of people mentioning these side effects

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am also awaiting a heart scan and cardiologist appointment as I am only 36 and not overweight or unhealthy particularly but BP is way too high given I meet no criteria. I've had ecg and was normal and full blood tests were also normal.

Doctor suspects possible heart defect. Small heart valves.. was born 4 months early and in incubator for 5 months

The first two weeks I felt incredible on ramipril. Like I was alive again!! Previously I was a walking sleepyzombie.

• Posted

I had similar when I started on 10mg Ramipril in terms of BP but not the side effects.  GP added in 5mg of Amlodipine too and my BP is fine now around 120-135/75-85.   A few more side effects with the latter med.  So you may need a 2nd BP if one alone doesn't work.  Go to British Heart Foundation web-site they have a very good explanation of which meds GPs use and which one they prescribe together.

• Posted

Please ditch the Ramipril, it should not be given to anyone. I nearly ended up in hospital with my legs because of it, I had excruciating pain that was making me ill. I felt like my veins were going to burst. The pain started a week after taking them, and went away 3 days after giving them up. I'm not on any meds now, still have high BP, but dealing with it myself. I often tell people to find high potassium foods with a low sodium content and high magnesium foods, often fruits and veg. Their are superfoods out there with a high potassium low sodium content. Can I just say that Ramipril is one of the cheapest BP meds that they start you on, my guess is that it's full of harmful fillers as it's a cheap med.

• Posted

Hi did you experience itchy arms and legs? I've been on Ramipril for 6 years I don't know if it could be this causing an allergic reaction?

• Posted

Hi, just excruciating pain, from top of legs to bottom of feet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.