Week 4

Posted , 2 users are following.

Started 10mg of Lexapro 4 weeks ago. Was starting to feel the benefit but in the last few days the stomach issues appear to have gotten worse. Also experiencing trembling which never happened before. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes - me!!

Still not sure exactly what occurred and why, but it all cleared up soon after I stopped. I was over producing acid as it would seem, and the pain was quite nasty. The hospital told me it was my hiatus hernia and gave me some protein pump inhibitors, but I didn't want more pills in my system, so I figured it could easily be the Escitalopram and turns out it was.

Took a while to show up - I forget how long, but more than 4 weeks. But when it did, that was it. Didn't go after that. Some days better than others, but always there.

Very odd to have side effects after a few weeks, so proceed with caution, but do not stop just yet. It could still disappear just as strangely as it appeared. Once you have reached the 10/12 week mark, if it is still there, I would question it for sure...

• Posted

I appreciate your reply, Matts. I intend to give it more time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.