week 4 on cit , its a long wait

Posted , 9 users are following.

i now have been taking cit 20mg for 4 weeks ,and i think the last 4 or 5 days have been worse , i felt a little relief after 3 weeks but the last few days i have been feeling sick high anxiety headaches , emotional , in fact as bad as when i first started cit ,just feel like i am getting nowhere ,wake up very morning dreading the day ahead , mornings are so bad , i get out and occupy myself as a distraction but the physical symptons are so bad any slight effort has me dripping in sweat and the tiredness is so bad ,i have been battling this since december 7 months on and i feel really no different , the anxiety and depression on a daily basis is taking its toll , i was hoping the cit would give me some rest bite from the daily grind of emotion but when you keep popping a pill and thinking this time next week i will hopefully feel a little bit better doesnt materialize , you start to loose faith . feeling this bad every day sucks , i just want to enjoy a little bit of life 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You sound like me all over again. Same exact thing. Keep on going. Took 10 weeks for mine to "release". Woke up one day and it just happened. Felt relief. The mornings are so so tough. I missed 43 days of work I was so bad off. Don't give up. Any questions I'm here.
  • Posted

hi terry , i was the same after 6 weeks you have to give cit 6 weeks to find out if its right for you , for me it wasnt was put on ventalaxafine 75mg in may then 150mg in june and now on 225mg so just give it chance, all the best jayne x
  • Posted

Hi Terry,

Have you spoken to your Dr about increasing? It may be as simple as, you just need a higher dose! Sorry, to be another to say this, but hang on in there it does, honestly, take as long as it takes, mate!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Terry I was the same felt good for first 3 days on 10mg. Then went upto 20mg felt worse than ever. I stuck it out for 7weeks & still no relief. Been on 30mg now for 2weeks & for the first time this morning I woke up with a smile on my face. You may need the higher dose too. Best of luck xo
  • Posted

Hi terry,

I feel the exact same way as you right now. I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow and still feel everything you are feeling. I started on 10mg tho for 2 weeks, 15mg for a week and uping to 20 tonight. My anxiety is thru the roof and i too just want to feel normal again! But from reading all the stories on here, it seems it takes 6-8 weeks to have a positive effect. So we have to stay positive!

• Posted

This is normal.  You will be up and down during recovery on this medication, but the general way is up.  Slowly the ups and downs will ease off and you should eventually begin to feel better.

Took me 3-4 months.

• Posted

TYou will hate hearing this but hang in there stay strong you will get better!!! maybe go back and see your doc make sure the dosage is right! you may need increase then again Cita does take a long time to effectively start mending the brain, I have been on for 9 weeks and feel good now at first there was a noticable improvement then side effects of all the things you have described sweating, anxiety feeling of no hope plus fatique all though slowly but surely I have started feeling better sleep is vastly improved! see your doc buddy and focus on the good stuff smile
  • Posted

I completely understand its a dreadful feeling and not been able to see the light. I posted something a while ago regarding the effects and higher anxiety! I can say it does get better but i did have mine increased when I was like that. Maybe seeing your Dr soon might be an idea. Take care and of course hang in there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.