Week 4 post op.... The Heel Shoe is fitted!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had my 4 week post op check up today.  The first 4 weeks I have been non weight bearing on my foot and today The Shoe was fitted (it deserves capital letters to emphasise it's importance) smile

They say the first step is the hardest and there is some truth in that statement!  It was really odd putting my foot onto the ground and then putting my weight on it for the first time in four weeks!  I really wasn't sure it was a good idea but the nurse assured me it would be fine.  I took about four fairly painful steps, not agony, more uncomfortable... and so I enter the next stage of my recovery..... one step at a time smile 

Once home, with my walking frame to assist me I went straight to the downstairs bathroom on my own two feet! The feeling of liberation today is just amazing!  :D

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations!

i was nervous at first and muses advice was just 'plonk' it down!

• Posted

Weird to have to learn to walk again. My calf muscle has wasted and is much slimmer than my other leg.  Looks a bit odd!
  • Posted

Well done, glad to hear you are getting better, hope you recover fully soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.