Week 4 With vertigo now

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.

3,5 weeks ago i wake up with room spinning.  Got back to sleep, same in the morning. No other symptom than vertigo/boat feeling. 

Went to doctor, told bppv?, they did not see any eye movement. Epleys done, then it should go away. 1 week later still the same vertigo.

Whent ent doc, he maybe belive vestibilaris neuritis. Got prednison, and message to try live as usual. Maybe some relief after tablets, but still vertigo. MRI done, waiting for answer on that.

Try to live as normal, but boat sensation almost always present.

If i am in activity it get worse, and i also get some more pressure in the head. Rest makes the headake dissapear and reliefs the vertigo.

Is this normal? And should i try to be in activity? Any tips? Still not convinced that vest neurotis or bppv is the correct diagnose. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If Epley maneuver done correctly by an experienced physiotherapist it should help for bppv.p

You can find a good chiropractor to evaluate your neck, it could cause that. 

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hi. Went to chiro with speciality in dizziness. She maybe thought bppv, but no nysto on eyes. Ent DOC 1 week later thinks maybe its vest neurotis. Nobody sure, vertigo only symphtom first week, now also presssure in head. Activity after week 2 is not making me moore dizzy, but afterwards its like beeing on a boat in a storm 😬

• Posted

Better in car (from day 1)

Days are starting to get better now, but suddenly after 2 good days, 1 bad day.

Its like my head is rocked side to side. MRI pictures and blood samples returned all fine.

• Posted

What type of dizziness you have been experiencing? Spinning or Swaying? Or both?
  • Posted

Always? Like 24/7 or like it goes on when there are triggers? How are you today? 
  • Posted

By the way, have been to a boat, plane or long care drive?

How old are you?

Your gender?

Can you feel the swaying sensation even when your sitting or lying down?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.