Week 5

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I’m on week 5 of 50mg & back to feeling horrendous! I had a medication review a week ago & asked to get a represcription as I was running out. I was given another 28 days worth but the tablets were under a different brand name. I was on ‘accord’ & this new packet is made by a company called ‘lupin’.  I am 3 days into the new packet & feeling awful again. Nausea, tiredness, sharp pains in my upper back between my shoulder blades, headache. Do you think I’m feeling like this due to the manufactor change or could this be just a blip? X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I’m starting setraline on Thursday so this has made me nervous. I’ve been on mirtazapine for ten years and had a certain brand on order at the chemist as I knew certain brands had different effects even though the chemist told me they was all the same but I know my body and being on them for ten years I knew the difference 
  • Posted

Hi I asked a similar question ealier, apparently as it is a generic the ingredients can vary. I get a similar issue with different manufacturers. Find what one works for you and either shop around pharmacies or get your doctor to specify
  • Posted

Absolutely yes.   I have had the same issue and my doctor didn’t believe that brand changes could make me feel so awful.  I was fine on accord and then I got crescent ones and felt awful.  I asked gp for a new prescription and took it to the chemist and asked them if they could give me accord.  Don’t put up with it, phone and ask for a new prescription x
  • Posted

Hi All, when you went back to your original brand, how long did it take you to feel better again? I have had exactly the same thing from switching from Ranbaxy to Accord and I feel horrendous. I have been back taking the Ranbaxy for 5 days but still feel awful! x

• Posted

Hi All, when you went back to your original brand, how long did it take you to feel better again? I have had exactly the same thing from switching from Ranbaxy to Accord and I feel horrendous. I have been back taking the Ranbaxy for 5 days but still feel awful! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.