Week 5 and the saga continues

Posted , 8 users are following.

Five weeks and two days post op (49 years old) and I have been really good about keeping my feet up, not doing too much etc... But I am only five days away from the six week mark so I thought a nice outing with my daughter would be good for both of us.  (She has been so good about staying with me and keeping me company but at 21 years old I know she has been bored out of her mind!) We went furniture and home accessory shopping [for my upcoming remarriage PinkLady. wink ]  In any case, I would guess that spread throughout the day with eating and driving breaks mixed in, I was on my feet for a total of five hours.  I felt okay until toward the end of the evening when I began to feel a bit of heaviness but not too bad. Fast forward a couple of hours after getting home...I first started to have the oddest feeling in lower abdomen...almost a cross between a tickle and an ache, very uncomfortable!    Then I developed the most awful ache vaginally and felt like my insides were going to fall out. I literally went to bed applying pressure in attempt to make that feeling subside.  I'm (nearly) 6 weeks in, shouldn't I have been able to handle an outing like that? It wasn't five hours straight, the breaks were mixed in. I'm feeling so discouraged right now. I'm supposed to start back to work next week.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok, today I didn't bend. Not all day. I made a point to move everything to a place where I didn't need to bend, mostly at waist height. I also only walked a very short distance and I truly felt the difference; hardly any discomfort! I do realise this is my unique experience but it shows me that I must do less than the list advised, in order to have comfort.

I'm now more aware and feel less frustrated as I'm aware of my limits. Maybe try this?

A day without pain has been blissful. I'm 3 weeks post op.

• Posted

Good for you Patsy!  I have learned not to bend as well...for anything!  I was pain free for a few days and then bango, pain back and it feels like an open wound but there is nothing there, so back on the Advil regularly again.  Do others find that the pain comes and goes as well?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.