Week 5 Setback

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

I am just reaching out for some positivity. I am on 50mg sertraline for 4 weeks and 5 days for anxiety now. I had prolonged gastroentiritis which let to gastritis. I worried myself literally into sickness /vomiting on top of the condition making me do that, thinking I had something seriously wrong with me . Woke up in a blind panic because i was feeling sick. This spiraled into a full blown attack every morning but i seemed to be back to my normal self come 11am. Shakey/dizziness, vomiting nausea, sweaty palms, cold, diarrheoa/dry mouth/overwhelming butterflies in my chest (I have IBS). My first two weeks were awful with all the above symptoms when put on sertraline which really sent me into overdrive, especially the sickness/vomiting, I had to stay in my mams with my two young childrden for those two weeks. I couldnt function for basic tasks. 3rd week settled a huge amount. i was able to start my new job, no nausea in the mornings. Small few Ups and Downs during the day but nothing major at all. This weekend I was 100% back to myself, went on a road trip with the kids etc. I did notice i didnt eat as well or frequent that day and had feck all water. Monday i was ok in work but not 100%, my stomach start at me feeling slightly sick so I have to shut everything else off. Yesterday morning I was a write off! Woke up with butterflies, vomiting (acid and foamy) then straight into a full blown panic attack. Now a number of things may be a factor in this. I had bad wisdom tooth pain the previous two days, my diet wasnt great (I actually had 3 bars the day previous and didnt eat as frequent as I should have), I was also on 80mg of omeprazole a day to line my stomach from having the gastritis. For about 3 days previous I had cut down to 40mg just in the morning as I felt 80mg may be too high.. I also drank only .5L/1L of fluids the two days previous. My question is, is it normal to have a little blip at the 5 week mark? I feel like I'm back to square one and its worrying me after such a good previous week with no nausea 😦 woke up again this morning, felt sick/dry mouth, gulped a load of water and then vomited almost immediately. Vomited a lot of water but it was yellowish colour. Please someone offer reassurance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.