Week 6 at 50mg... going backwards?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Sorry about all the messages, just feel lost at the moment.

Ive have 3 good weeks being on this dose, then suddenly on the first day of week 6 I've gone backwards. My anxiety has increased, heart rate increased and terrible dizzy spells when I lie down to go to sleep. Feel like I'm back in week 1 or 2 again. I know it can take up to 8 weeks, but I'm so sad as I was doing really well.

Has anyone else experiences these blips at this stage? Any positive stories?

Thank you xxx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer.

Sorry I carnt be of any help at the moment.

I'm on my 11th day of them. I seem to get different side effects every day

at the moment. This morning ringing in my ears. Feeling sick and dizzy

don't get these every day, but still get palputations and anxiety.

Which I was put on them for for the first place it's early days for me yet.

Some say it can take longer than 6 weeks to get into your system

Wishing you well

• Posted

Honestly, keep going Julie. You'll start having more good days than bad, and enjoying the days again. The side effects drop off one by one. Keep going.xxx

• Posted

The do indeed. It's a long wait for sertaline to work but when it does, it works. Keep going.x

I have been on 50mg for around 7 months but sadly it's stopped working for me so back to the docs next week. Mine is due to having fibromyalgia and starting the dreaded menopause so don't think it wI'll stop working for you. I'm only 48 😂

This drug is a slow worker so give it time. If you are having good moments/days then that is a bonus.

The side effects will stop. I had all mentioned here along with more. The ringing in the ears and lightheaded wad the most annoying as you feel spaced.

Good luck. X we are all here to support each other

• Posted

Thank you for the reply Jennifer.

The doctor phoned me this morning to see how I'm getting on

I will keep on with them, I have acid Reflux too so with the side effects of that which I think caused my anxiety in the first place.Bad days I have with it feels like a heart attack. ECG came

back OK, so trying to deal with that as well got me down

Onwards and upwards I hope

Hope you get sorted keep us posted please

• Posted

Hi Jay. Thank you for your reply.

My 56 and on hrt, so nothing to do with menopause with me.

Mine anxiety was brought on through other health issues.

And family issues, went so low, I felt I wanted to give my mind

and body a rest, hence going onto these, so I'm hoping they work

soon, so I can get on with my life without having a black cloud

over me, don't like feeling spaced out and ringing in my ears

though,

I love this forum it's helped lots.

Hope you get sorted too.

Keep us posted xx

• Posted

Hi Jennifer. I've been on 50mg for 6 weeks tomorrow. It was horrible at the start but then I had a good week 3, bad week 4, good week 5 and then the last few days I have been bad again. I'm getting really frustrated because it is super hard to go through a bad patch after feeling so good again. I'm hoping I stabilise soon!

• Posted

That's exactly it. It's makes you feel like you're getting somewhere and it breaks my heart when I start feel icky again. For anxiety sufferers, it truly tests us. I hope both of us have some consistency soon.xx

• Posted

Hi Jennifer

I am literally just back from doc.

I too am on week 6 of 50mg and I have had the most horrendous weekend.

She has increased my dose to 100mg and said it is normal at aboht6 to 8weeks to have this dip it just means that the meds are working but I didn't have the right dose. So now that it is in my system I will be able to increase without too many side wfdects, hopefully.

Don't think you are going backwards hunni it's just a dip and maybe time to increase. Contact your doc asap. They may be able to just take to you even if you can't get an app and tell you to increase wwhat you have and give you a new prescription.

Stick with it and stay strong you def aren't going backwards

Love

K

Xx

• Posted

I tried to get in contact with my doctor, but couldn't get past the receptionist. He isn't in now till later in the week. Hopefully this gets better before then. Thank you for your reply. I'm scared of going up a dose, I really want the 50mg to work.xxx

• Posted

We all want 50 to work hun but remember 50 is a low dose. Try not to worry and concentrate on getting you back. This is what I tell myself 😇😇😇 speak to your doc and I'm sure he will reassure you. X

• Posted

How are u feeling today luv?

I was the same but doc said most ppl do need an increase eventually as the 50mg is very low. Don't feel defeated that u need an increase it doesn't mean u have failed just that ur not on the right dose.

Bear with it, might just be a few bad days, we all have them!

Try to keep occupied until u get to see it doc and if u think u can't wait see another doc as an emergency!

Be strong!!!

Lots of love xxx

• Posted

Hello Kerr,

I had a better night and despite a raging headache this morning, I went to work and the day has been better. Still feel a bit fragile, and extremely tired, but today was better. I'm hoping to last until my check up next week, I need to stop the control and experience what's happening to me. Control is a big issue for me, but I'm working on it. Thank you. How are you doing?

Love Jen xxx

• Posted

Hey

Good to hear u are getting through it.

I too struggle with control. And I am slowly learning that I can't do everything for everyone and it is ok to let people help me, as hard as it is!

You will get there, it's not like a broken leg that you can put a cast on n it will heal!! Just be kind to yourself and do what's best for you.

I have been not too bad, just having some side effects from the dose increase. My head had been banging and I feel really sick but I also have a cold so that's not helping (think I just want to feel sorry for myself just now lol)

I'm gonna try and go out on my own today for some shopping. Here's hoping I don't have a panic attack in the middle of tesco....

Wish me luck 😁

When are u due back at docs?

X

• Posted

Hi Kerr,

How are you doing?

I'm still very dizzy. My anxiety has decreased but I can't get rid of this dizziness. I don't know if it's a week 7 side effect or not. My doctor wants me to continue on 50mg a little bit longer. He really doesn't want me to go up.

Jen

• Posted

Hi luvly,

I'm ok thanks, having some good days and some not so good. But over all I feel like I am getting there.

The side effects can be different for everyone. I still get a nauseous feeling in the morning (and it's not morning sickness lol) but I know it will pass by mid morning. Everything else seems to have settled.

I would try and stick out the 50mg a little longer especially if u feel ur anxiety decreasing. 50mg maybe all u need, it maybe enough for you. Keep taking things a day at a time and I am sure it will pass.

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water too as my councillor said a lot of the side effects can be overcome by just drinking plenty of it. It has def helped with the headaches and the shaking for me.

On this medication less is best!!

X let me know how u get on x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.