Week 7 of Prozac / Fluxo

Posted , 2 users are following.

Iv been posting on here for a while & I find it so reasuring.

So been to DRs as I was expierencing chest pains & the shakes. She was lovely and listened to me. And Shes already booked me in 10 days to see her again. ( it's always nice when you can find a nice DR that listens to you )

She has decided to take me off the Prozac/fluxo because I have lost 2 stone. And I have very bad shakes and she could see I have the shakes and she said that's not right and it's been 7 weeks on them plus I'm only 23 and never had these problems before. She is also booking me in for blood tests and to keep an eye on my weight. I have also been told to get a assessment ( c what sort of help I need eg behaviour therapy )

I wish everyone the very best! It's very hard! Stay strong!

Xx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi michelle

Glad your dr listens well. Has she put you on anything else or just tapering them off? I have therapy assessment booked this week (took about 5wks to get) so I will let you know what thats like.

I lost 2 stone too but a lot of that was before I started flu and in fairness to nhs they have been amazing (had more tests in last two months than rest of my life all really quickly). Still waiting on another test and/ or procedure but theyve been very thorough.

Hope coming off flu goes smoothly for you and that you start feeling better soon.

Take care

Vix

• Posted

She said I have to come off fluxo slowly as it goes in your blood stream. She said once iv done that then she put me on something else that is like fluxo she said as there was some benefits I felt on it.

Oh good luck let me know how it goes smile I'm waiting for some forms then I will be going for a assessment.

I do yoga aswell maybe look into that smile it's all good.

Thanks so much vix! All best to you 2 xx

• Posted

I had 8 wks on citalopram before I started flu but totally wiped me out (slept 16-18 hrs a day some days n couldnt function) plus nausea was getting worse not better. With that I could go straight onto flu tho so didnt have any withdrawal thank god!

Hopefully you will find something that suits better and you can start feeling well again soon. You'll get there im sure xx

• Posted

Yeah I was on cit for 5 days I was off my face I looked like Excortist girl haha. Totally know where your coming from with cit.

She said she will put me on something similar to fluxo. So hopefully I will be ok.

Hope your doing well now tho smile

& thanks Hun

Xx

• Posted

Hope everyone's feeling good.

Feel a little weird like spaced out. Horrible feeling. Iv gotta take fluxo every other day to get off it. Then will be going on new medication. Iv just booked two holidays as my dad was worried about me bless me. I hope they help centr parcs & Egypt. I'm worried about eqypt because the flight is 5 hours & I hope I don't go bad over there on the new meds

( never used to worry about flying )

Think I'm just worrying 2 much. I really need get my act together once I start the new meds. Bored staying in all time wanna be out with my friends enjoy holidays & get a job.

All best 2 everyone xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.