Week 9

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys hope you are all doing good. Thought I would update on where I am at on 9th week at 50mg.   I am seeing results now, I am challenging myself to go out and do things, just the small things like shopping and visiting family etc but it’s getting easier.  Today I saw my gp as my hot flushes and sweats are really getting too much to cope with I’m so sick of it, she suggested propranolol so I have taken them today and guess what .... no sweats, could be coincidence the next few days shall tell me more but fingers crossed.   We have also decided to change to taking sert at night instead of the morning as I still get nausea so hopefully I will sleep through it, again we shall see how that goes.   I had a cbt session today which went well and my therapist seems to be pleased with my progress so that was a real boost.  My mind is much quieter which is such a relief and I am much more able to quiet the negative thoughts and replace them (check me out with my cbt talk smile ha ha).   How are you all doing.  Xx 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi glad things are going well for you. Im week 6 on 50mg and the sweats are awful. I dont really feel any different tbh, meant to go back for a review but i dont see what dr can do ,maybe increase dose. I take propanolol at night . Im not sleeping too well but i think its because of hot weather and sweats. Im hoping side effects will lessen and mood improves.
    • Posted

I didn’t start to feel any benefits till 6 weeks into 7 so hang in there rose it will happen.  The sweating and hot flushes have been the most bothersome thing for me so I really hope the propranolol helps with that.  X
    • Posted

Hey Laura I’m glad to see you’re starting to feel better. I know we were talking about going up to 75 together and started the meds around the same time, I did do the increase and then increased again to 100 and am having awful side effects and anxiety so I’m going to skip a day and then lower my dose again. I think I need to do like you and give myself more time on the lower dose because that might be all I need for now. I’m just so impatient to be feeling better!  Very trembly and out of it feeling all day, had so much trouble sleeping last night, woke up drenched in sweat after having very vivid dreams, it was just such a horrible 24 hours. 
    • Posted

Darla I think that some people can tolerate increasing quicker than others and if it’s making you feel that bad then you are right to reduce and stick at the lower dose for a while and see if it works better.   Only you know what’s an unacceptable level for you to cope with, it’s really hard coping with the effects of this drug.   X 
  • Posted

Hi i just read your post and it made me smile you see i only just joined 8 days ago and since then my life has been a nightmare, i am 54, i have severe migraines lasted over 30 years which there is no cure, then i got ibs, on top i have eating disorders, also i have terrible terrible things happen to me which i can not talk about , then i got really sick and had to have treatment which i am ok now but have to be on drugs for the rest of my life, and i can not work and i had a fantastic job , hairdresser and beautician, and so i decided to move out of the east end to the country, but that is not going too well have not made many friends so feel very alone, just been diagnose with severe depression, anxiety panic attacks, i could not believe this was happening to me even with all this that had gone on in my life i always  was strong and had a smile on my face and great laughs with people, now that has gone, but i was determined to do something about it, i do not always believe in more drugs as i am on a lot my i do believe if you find a good doctor it helps and i have and alternative medicine is great too, but best off all talking to people who are going through the same stuff, and since i have bee, i feel n on here i have made a couple of nice people very understanding, some have not got back to me , but that is ok, but i am starting councilling on monday 30th and i am on 50mg to 100mg i do have terrible time trying to sleep and i do have nausea and do not get me stated on the night sweats my that could be lots of other things for me , my age lol my eating disorder and also all the drugs i am on, though i do find instead of taking harsh drugs i do take herbal nytol and camomile tea and no tv when trying to sllep a good book or other pleasurable things lol redface
    • Posted

It’s hard to cope with this even when you have people around you to support you so if you are feeling alone that’s bound to make you feel low.   I hope your side effects settle soon and I’m sure they will it just takes time.  This forum is great when you need support so keep posting x 
  • Posted

Thanks i will this forum has giving me a new sense of purpose, thanks for your kind words

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.