Week arms legs and fatigue

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I’ve had enough.  Can’t cope with this weekness.  Causes me to worry and feel extremely tired to the point I have to almost get angry to find the energy to do a physical task.  One says it’s reduced blood flow to my limbs.  I don’t have pain as such.  It’s just that I worry so much about it I sometimes tense up so much to do the task that I then get pain in legs and sciatic nerve.  One doctor said it could be the heart.  I have less unexplained anxiety than I used to. The one you wake up with without having even thought of anything distressing yet.  No, more like start to worry as soon as I don’t feel arms or legs.  Makes me wanna stay in bed and that’s never been me. I like to do stuff.  Shrink says I shouldn’t look at things black or white.  But cannot see an in between.  Anyone had bad weekness and recovered.  Hope it’s not cfs.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What makes You  think cfs? I would look at current medications. I've had horrible problems with side effects. Even having 2 or 3 poly pharmacy well they make their own side effects combined. It took Me 5 years of excruciating nerve pain in my pelvic lower abdominal area to figure out that gabapentin at the high dose I was on caused an increase to my pain!!  It's an evil drug if you read all its side effects and Doctors seem to prescribe it for everything. They don't decrease it if a problem arises it's always increased. Anyway when you said no thought in your head and anxiety that reminded Me of how I felt when I first started taking gabapentin. I would literally just roll over and wham panic. I hadn't been thinking of anything it just hit Me. Talk about depressed too. I didn't know why until recently when I read about the suicidale ideation it puts in your head. I was working and happy with life but my chronic back pain started taking it and My life exploded. Sick all the time, had to stop working, stopped going out and seeing other People and at 54 My Daughterbhas to take care of Me. Went from 4 meds to over 22!!  Getting better as I'm slowly decreasing my meds and stopping what I can. Gabapentin is a hard and slow taper off and I still have a lot left to withdrawal off of. I realized for example I had med to help urinate and one to not urinate as much. That's crazy!  Plus same for colon!  Same side effects and blood work had My Primary conclude I have Addison's disease!  Auto immune that requires Me to take a high dose of steroids per day. I don't have it but for 3 years I've been taking steroids daily and weaning myself off that now to along with anti depressant because I don't need it or it's side effects! Sorry I'm going on but if Doctors would just look at medications and possible interactions then Patients like Me wouldn't get so terrible I'll!  Sherri

• Posted

I agree but doctors just use us as guinea pigs. Trial and error.  I think it’s cfs as I don’t wake up rested.  And struggle to feel motivate at all.  I wanna stay in bed and then feel guilty.  I’ve had anxiety for years and thought it.  So why do I feel this way now?  Never had such fatigue even at times I didn’t sleep at all?
  • Posted

First of all, don't mentally beat yourself up; what you feel is real and sometimes anxiety comes from not understanding what is causing our problems; whether it be pain, fatigue or weakness/numbness.  A neurologist would be the one to test and diagnose nerve and/or limb weakness.  For me, the generalized anxiety is a given even though there isn't anything specific to be anxious about. I see a behavioral therapist/life coach that teaches me specific deep breathing and mindfulness meditation practices.  I was never one for the yoga/meditation thing but IT HELPS A LOT! I still take 1or 2  of .5mg Xanax if anxiety gets really bad, but relying on that can lead to real dependency. Limb weakness is a very neurological symptom and I suggest you see a neurologist asap.  A nerve conductivity test will determine if lack of nerve "communication" is the cause.  Psychs don't understand ME or nerve issues (at least in my experience). Go easier on yourself, learn some deep breathing and "tonal breathing". You might be as surprised as I was at how much it helps with anxiety and pain.  Good luck and follow up to let us know what you  find out.  (On any Internet/iPod/smart phone you can get free radio stations that play relaxation/meditation music. Heart Radio and Amazon Music are two. Search for relaxation, calming and meditation stations).

• Posted

Hi sorry I’ve not been in touch. I have avoided reading anything. 

I’m still as bad if not worse arms still weak and painful. And the fatigue is unbearable.  And yet my head wants to carry on. I do try to breath but the fatigue won’t go away.  

I’m seeing a neuro soon.  Hope it’s not nerves falling apart.  Would that be really serious?

So scared.  I now fall asleep at 8. And up at 4.  sad. Wake drained. And muscle aches. sad

Thanks for support.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.