Week five ......

Posted , 7 users are following.

Morning ladies. I am now at week five, post rectocele op. Can any of you tell me when this awful discharge might stop? I have a constant dull ache in my abdomen and feel very bloated. Still bleed if I strain to go to the loo or blow my nose too hard! Am due to start working at home this week as my job is a sit down job but I will be on reduced hours so that I can walk around or take a rest.  I am even wondering why I bothered with this op.  cry

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Since when did R&R (rest and recuperation, not rock and roll hahahaha) mean that we had to apologise for that?

I remember spending time after an op (in the 80's) being waited on and enforced, nay nagged, to sit down in a proper convalescence home. The

nurses in that home were very serious about recuperation and thankfullyour local physio is too. The result was that I recovered fully and went

back to work in the way I needed to; in good health with no complications ; I was in public services then so had be signed off as fit for duty.

However, there was a woman who I made friends with who had the same type of gynae op who insisted that she *just couldn't expect others to do a good job* and she ended up back in, with major complications.

So, to combat that thinking where I'm watching for cobwebs etc I've used my brain for more creative pursuits; I've just crocheted 300 flowers for a local charity to sell and I'm looking at learning new ones to make.

I'm not nagging here, but for someone with a constant *go button* - to save my sanity I've had to look elsewhere for enjoyment or I would surely

explode.

Worry hinders healing as our brain chemicals are using the fight and flight ones that just keep us alive, rather than thrive. So housework is far

down on our list of priorities, and if you can't write love in your dust then you're not enjoying your life xxxx big love

• Posted

Aw thanks for that. Have been into work and decided to work from home until I am ready to return properly. I just have too accept that I hve to slow down, not fret about the unnecessary stuff and get better before rushing into anything. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.