Week long off-and-on diarrhea, slight headaches, bubbly stomach, heartburn, and frequent urination

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all. First allow me to say this. At times in my life, I've had the Stomach Flu where I'd have diarrhea, nausea for a couple days and then it would go away. I've hard random days and nights where I may have a little indigestion and heartburn. These day were few and far in between, sometimes I'd take an Alka Seltzer and everything would be OK. Things are a big different this time. Around last Thursday, I had a "bubbly stomach" and headache driving to work. It was fine once I got to work, but when I returned home, I had th same symptoms again. A bubbly stomach with a slight headache. No real nausea or anything. I assumed that I must've just had some mild stomach blu or bug. Well, a week has passed and I'm having the same symptoms (bubbly stomach, diarrhea, slight headache, and at different times, heartburn). It doesnt feel as bad as when I have the stomach flu, but it's been a constant nag of these symptoms (frequent urination too, and I drink a lot of fluids). Does this sound similar to anything you guys might have been through. I have no idea if I should tech meds and wait it out or does it sound like I need to professional medical attention? Tonight is even the first time I bought anything to take for it, because the heartburn was really bad. I took 2 Alka Seltzers and the heartburn is gone, but my stomach still feels hot and I have diarrhea still

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I left this out, but I've felt fatigue and sluggish too.

• Posted

Hi, this does sound familiar, although relatively mild? From the way you are talking about it ? I would speak to a doctor, ongoing digestive problem should be investigated I think. They might be able to give you a better strategy for dealing with it or just reassurance that nothing serious is wrong.

• Posted

How long have you had these symptoms? If longer than a week, see your doctor.  Frequent urination could be either an infection or the result of you drinking lots of fluids. What you have could be many things.
  • Posted

Hi jay.ceega, I was always told changes in bowel habits warranted further investigations so see your doctor, you just need to know what it is

Good luck. 🤞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.