weening off of remeron.. can I have withdrawal symptoms before completely off of it??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can weening off of antidepressants cause panic attacks in your sleep? I just had one tonight and I’m super freaked out. I’ve also felt really sick today and I’ve had really bad anxiety issues today. I’ve only dropped to half of my dose on Monday, and I’m continuing to take half of what I usually take until probably Sunday. Is this normal?? Can you experience withdrawal symptoms before you’re completly off of meds? I’m so worried right now and I’m so scared of the next couple of months😭😭

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely you can always tapper down very very slowly it can cause all of your symptoms that your having when I had to wean of mirtazapine I had to do it very slowly and I also got 5mg Valiums of my GP to help me I am now on lovan due to being diagnosed with fibromyalgia but coming of that was one of the hardest thing I had to do wishing you all the sending you my love just remember slowly and yes it can cause all of that and more ???? Talk to your GP some don’t believe that you get WD coming of them so speak up and don’t back down what you are feeling is real not in your head 💕💕

• Posted

yes, my doctor also cut my dose in half,and have had a racing heart for 5 days, day 6 was better today is day 7, seems better today, don't want to go back to my old dose was on 7 5 now on 3.75, so I am trying to tough it out, at least you are still taking the lower dose just try to stick it out for a week or so,

• Posted

My heart was racing today too! And I woke up in the middle of a panic attack and it was the most terrifying thing that ever happened to me haha. Hope all goes well for you 
  • Posted

my doctor also prescribed lorizapam if needed, I only take it if I am having a panic attack not for my anxiety so I don't use it, but I carry it with me , at least I know I have it,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.