Weeping sore between buttocks at back

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can anyone please suggest what this might be and a solution?w

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, I think you should ask your GP, sorry not to be of more help.

• Posted

As mrsmop says!  This is not uncommon but does need a check by GP and probably antibiotics.

In meantime wash frequently and use a dressing to keep the cheeks apart.  Try and keep it as dry as possible.

• Posted

Perhaps a Melolin dressing would be the most appropriate

• Posted

They wouldn't be Abscesses would they?

Sorry I'm not much help

• Posted

Dear Sue, it may be a PNS which stands for pilonidal sinus, which may need surgery to exice it, please go to your GP soon

• Posted

[u]Hi Suebar

Like the others say, you should ask your GP.

It might be just an abcess, but what is the course of this.

In some cases, a strepto/stephilo coccus is involved and couses this infectious sympthoms.

Ask your GP for a percription and let him forward you to the hospital, this in order to get a biological test.

Succes

Escar[/u]

• Posted

It could be many different things. Generally when I get sores in that area, it's usually a pressure sore or pressure ulcer. I get them quite frequently Duo Derm is awesome for healing them, especially if there is open skin. It also forms a protective layer so they don't form again. If it's swollen, or it has any kind of warmth around it, then it could be an abscess. If this is the case you need to see a doctor, as they may need to drain it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.