Weeping wound on my Mum's leg

Posted , 3 users are following.

I hope someone can help.  My Mum has had this weeping wound on her leg, around her ankle, for a few weeks now.  At first, it just seemed like a blister or bump, but, it's become quite red and sore, and sometimes weeps.  

She's been to the GP, and at first they just put new dressings on it, but, later sent her to A&E when it wasn't getting better.  They've started her on daily IV antibiotic infusions, and she's seen a Consultant in Infectious diseases, but, who are going to show the photos to a Dermatologist team.  

Has anyone heard of anything like this before or what's the best treatment.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If nothing else helps try medical Manuka Honey, wonderful healing properties, used in hospitals in New Zealand for broken down skin in the elderly, but you must eliminate the possibility of infection first.

Pretty sure the Dr's around the world do know about honey as a healer of tissue.

What to watch for is the tissue granulating, or filling in, fascinating to watch my Mums really bad leg, knee to ankle broken down skin healing up, the private hospital also used silver dressings as an alternative when they discovered it wasn't an infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.