Weepy... again! Upset tummy..... again!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've woken up again feeling upset.  I've been through a period of not sleeping well last year, for most of the year.  My bowel movements have been all over the place - I had this checked at the end of last year and all seemed fine.  This morning I've woken up and again have diarrhoea.  Felt slightly dizzy initially. Just don't seem right, any of the time.  went for a 3 mile run yesterday, felt better after it, nearly persuaded myself I was too tired, but was ok when out.  Perked me up, though I don't seem to recover like I used to and it seems to dictate my sleeping pattern for that night, which is putting me off doing it, but I'm putting weight on ..... Sick of the vicious circle.  I've applied for a new job, for which the interview is on Friday - I don't know if I have an interview yet, but instead of just waiting calmly, I seem to be so anxious and worried about it, that's become all consuming.  just can't seem to think rationally any more.  anybody else had similar feelings?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi lesley

i find for me, if something makes me anxious then i have an upset tum ..

normally i am the opposite but if emotions and anxiety start or dread of something thats pending, then i have an upset bowel 😫 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Lesley , can fully appreciate where you are coming from with the insomnia ,haven't slept through the night for the last 15 years ,have put it down to the fact that I take Seroxat for anxiety although am on a very low 10 mg dose , not sure if peri doesn't have something to do with it aswell ,am 50 ,some nights ( last night being one) ,I actually don't think I sleep at all just seems to be a wall stopping me from dropping off ,don't want to take sleeping tablets as did once and they made me feel most odd ( more so than usual !!!!!! ) Also like you have over the last year or so have noticed an increase in bowel problems ,probably once a month or so I have a few episodes of diarrhoea ! Emotions are very up and down ,what a joy to be a woman ! Sorry have no suggestions as to help with the insomnia ,think have tried most things ,herbal tablets,dark room ,lavender , relaxation tape , hot milk ,banana before bed etcetera but to no avail ! Hope all goes well with the interview , sometimes think best to try and take each day as it comes ,not easy I know ! X
  • Posted

Hi lesley i to get upset tum when anxious and needing to go to the loo i get tierd which does not help with my anxiety i am going to see a councillor on sataurday she if she can help

take care

paula x

• Posted

Hi lesley.A friend of mine was exactly the same,she couldnt go anywhere without knowing there was a loo there.She was put on 10mg amitriplin for the bowels it worked.I am on 10 mg for sleeping, it works i run out 2 nights ago and havent slept so hopefuly there be in today.It also helps with keeping me calm during the day. good luck with interview xx
  • Posted

I've always been anxious

But of late it seems worse

To the point where I've had to take beta bloka that was given to me just over 3yrs ago I went through stage of the same as you muzzy head when 1st getting up n sickly then being sick (morning sickness type thing) my bowels are as reg as clockwork & can go twice a day but due to having to take painkillers regular since December I'm experiencing probs so plenty fruit n veg lol all my tummy anxiety had settled again but doesn't take much to kick it off smile

• Posted

Sorry meant to add the weepy side

I'm an emotional person at best of times but lately I'm 10times worse sad

• Posted

Hi Lesley

I get anxious about alot of things myself. When I go to doctors that makes my anxieties go up more My heart rate goes up with it. 

Have been a little worried because of a heart murmur just want to stay around the house do not want to go anywhere now 

just really tired not all there today. 

Try to stay calm your interview will go fine

• Posted

Hi Lesley 

all the best for your interview😊😊😊😊.. But yeah I'm the same... Like Susan going to drs I get anxious as well ..... An then your nerves set in then the heart palpitations....start racing.... At first I couldn't sleep bekos your minds racing with unwanted thorts .... Mind boggling........... If onli we had one miracle pill to take this all away wouldn't that be bliss..... Hang in there lesley😀😀😀😀😛 

• Posted

This is amazing, I suffered bowel habit disruption too, diarrhoea would come out of nowhere, horrible.  My GP poohed poohed the idea of it being hormone related but if you search the web you will find loads of sites that say it is, as one pointed out hormone changes before periods affect the bowels so why should we be surprised if fluctuating hormones in peri do.  Think the help given to Trudy's friend was spot on, and it does get better.  I kept soluble immodium with me at all times too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.