weighing in tomorrow

Posted , 6 users are following.

Tomorrow is weigh day and a week  on Orlistat, I am hoping for a good result. I have been so good even when others around me havent, and at times their chopping chops have irrated the hell out of me lol twisted.  I have moved around more, dont want to say exercise as I really dont think it can be justified as that lol. fingrs and toes crossed I wont need a Gin tomorrow!

xx

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hiya!

How did it go at the weigh in today?

Its kinda odd that you are being weighed after only a week,

I only have to be weighed once a month by my GP!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi 

I am going to Slimming World as well as I do need that group support and to know I am being weighed in. I have done 10lbs in the first week biggrin.  I go back to gp in three weeks time xx

• Posted

10lbs is an amazing loss for one week, you must be as high as a kite right now! x x x

Do Slimming World know you are taking Oristat? if so whats their view on them?

///*.*\\\

• Posted

No I haven't told them, only my partner knows, There should not be an issue as SW plan is healthy eating which runs with Oristat. so together they are helping people loose weight.  taking Oristat is not as readical as having weight loss surgery, which would have been the next step. xx
    • Posted

How much to you have to loose?

I have just over 6 stone to shed, I cant bear to think about how long it will take to shift it!

I am not mentioning about my little blue buddies either, someone is sure to have an opinion that I am not interested in. I needed help and I have faith they will do the trick for me!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I have roughly 9 stone to flush away!! so looking at it little mile stones to get there, the next 7lbs or going down into the next stone number. This is why I am not telling anyone I know it will take a flippant comment and it will have a knock on affect.  They would just think its a magic pill and I am taking an easier option which we all know is not the case.  We still have to follow a good healthy eating plan and if we sway there will be dire consquenses redface.  I choose SW as I have do their plan and got to target two years ago, however a divorce, my father passing away, moving house etc i have put the lot and more back on.

I will always battle the weight even when I reached a weight I am happy with. xx

• Posted

Thats a very realistic way to look at it, the fact that you realise it will always be a bit of a battle. I think the same, in that I am aiming to go down to the next stone number at a time, its the only way I can cope with it.

I was not always big, I gained it after the sudden death of my husband several years back. I did drop 3stone last year by drinking juice for 60 days, but as soon as I started to eat solid food again it slowly crept back on again.

I have not mentioned to any of my family or friends that I am on a diet, I dont know if its my imagination, but some people seem to push food in your face when they know, like thay want you to fail at times.

Nope you are right! Mums the Word! I for one am staying on "Stelth Mode" throught the duration. I'm going out to dinner tonight, will have to be clever about what I choose, so as not to blow my cover! eek lol

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I haven't told anyone abou the pills, I think they will either think I will fail, as I have started every diet out there know to man or they think it's a lazy way of doing it. We all know this isn't and I  go to the gym 3 times per week but the weight just won't fall off me. 

I've just told everyone I'm healthy eating and only allowing myself 45g of fat so they don't get suspicious when I start checking things out on MFP. 

Id di rather just let the weight come off without everyone watching me 

• Posted

Life is very hard times no matter who we are, Precipitusdaisy is right the minute some one knows your trying to do something about the weight they try and sabatge it.  I have learnt to say no thankyou with a smile!! 

I think thats years of practise to be fair.  If I told them I had an allergy to cake they wouldnt be pushing it down my throat!

Collette I take me hat off to you going to the gym not just once fills me with dread but three times wow, Good for you lovely.  I will stick to the floating around I label swimming lol.

Have a lovely night tonight Precipitusdaisy xx

• Posted

It was hard starting the gym at first, and some days I wonder why I bother loool as I'm puffing and panting for breath. You do get to,a stage where you enjoy it, I started off doing easy stuff, stretch and tone classes. This would be for the much older folk but I didn't care as at least I was starting some where.  Now I love my sessions, it was just hard as I wouldn't move inthe scales and that demotivated me big time, although peope would say your body shape is changing, I would want to see the numbers go down on the scales as they quick enough to go up   lol 
    • Posted

I know just how you feel x x x

But thankfully we have this forum and each other to talk to about or journey :-) I am so glad I happend upon it and especially having Britney in it, she is a tremendous help!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thank you- I am not going out till 9pm, so I may have a wee something beforehand. I am not at my best when I am hungry, infact I become quite snappy, especially when everyone is taking a month of Sundays to decide what they want on the menu!

Dont want to be stuffing my face with bread and olives while I am waiting for them to make up their minds ;-) Thats the worse thing when you go out with a big group of people!

Allergic to cake huh? Yeah! that one might work :-)

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I loved my sessions at the gym, but I have not been for four years now. I used to do Urban Funk and Salsa dance classes, high impact Aerobics , step classes and swim too. I would like to return back, but feel so ashamed at the weight I have gained, the group of girls I got to know there could be a bit catty at times over weight.

I started swimming about two months ago, I was going 3-4 times a week and would swim 20 lengths+, but I got a chest infection which turned into stupid Pneumonia! So I have not been for three weeks. Its just a case of walking the dog at the moment.:-)

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I agree keep it under cover!then you won't get any negative comments!!!which bring us down!! At dinner tonight I'm sure you wonky blow your cover!!!because I don't diet I call it healthy eating!!! go and enjoy tonight secretly under cover!!healthy eating makes it all even extra special!!!keeping your secret!biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.