Weight.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my gallbladder out 9-10 weeks ago and i can't seem to lose any weight despite eating healthy. Anyone else have this problem?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

low carb less than 30 gems a day.. Sugar is the culprit that keeps the weight on.. Not fat! you need to try the PALEO diet ..PEople have blamed FAt for years for piling on the weight .. Fat is not metabolised only Carbohydrate and proteins. Protiens are better than carbs. Carbs = Sugar of any guise like Fructose Sucrose Glucose. Juice fruit all carry sugar..
  • Posted

Yes I have piled the weight on even though I suffer from BAM Since the GB removal but at 70 I'm not going to start dieting I have enough to cope with xxx
    • Posted

Ha! Amen to not dieting! Since my GB removal and now suffering from IBS, my coping skills at 63 are just not what they once were. We definitely know our limitations at this age xxx
  • Posted

Diane before operation I lost alot of wait I didn't go for surgery right away cause I knew my only option was open gallbladder. At the hospital they never let me eat. So when I came home I thought I could indulge in some snacks but I still have a stone lodged in my bile duct. So I gained a little weight but then old pain kicked in so I'll be losing weight again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.