Weight!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone tried xls medical weight loss program?..my weight is really getting me down and nothin i do seems to shift it.Can do loads of exercise due to health problems x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am worried, my weight is creeping up and I don't know what to do. I eat healthily , but have little energy  since my thyroidectomy .

any advice here ....???

Stacy, I try walking , gentle stretches , and I refuse to go up a size more in clothes, so join me in avoidance of high calories? Even if I'm to,d to eat full fat milk for Vit d, and cheese!!!

• Posted

I am hypothyroid, diagnosed Dec 13.

Since diagnosis I have had only 1 blood test in range, usually TSH 6.5-8.5. I started on 75mg and climbed to 200mg

Last 4 blood tests have been

TSH 8.5

TSH 0.1

TSH 6.5

TSH 0.01

I am classed morbidly obese and have been under the dietitian working on weight loss since Feb 16 (just as I was coming to end of chemotherapy for breast cancer). Weight loss has been little and only if we go to 1000 Cals or less. 

Saw endocrinologist in March who said weight loss has nothing to do with thyroid! And discharged me at first appt. she suggested bariatric surgery.

been on 12wk milkshake 800 cals diet under dietitian and lost 1 stone 4lbs  in 3 weeks... whilst my reading was hyper... levothyroxine altered and weight loss stopped even on 800cals

Dietitian mentioned orlistat but explained about the side effects and I didn't fancy it - interested to see what others reply back to you. 

Had body bone scan to see if cancer had returned in bones - not cancer but osteoarthritis in feet, knees, hips, hands & shoulders so exercising is difficult. I swim 4 times per week but gp said this week whilst it's a good all round exercise it's not great for weight loss and suggested a gastric band! As I've worked so hard with diet and exercise and getting no where. 

I do feel your frustration, don't give up - we will get there! 😊

Lack2619

• Posted

Jeez Diane u ave had it rough..i hope you health is getting better...i know i shudnt moan about my weight with everythin others go thru but boy it gets me down x
  • Posted

Do you have 310 Nutrition on FB?  Inam hypo and never any luck losing. But i have lost 18 lbs aince July 10 on this shake siet. 2 shakes and 1 healthy meal plus a snack. Hard the

Dirst couple of days but then pretty easy. I was really surprised when it workes. Hope to be dinished by xmas but

Plan to stay on 1 shake a day dor life if it helps me keep it off.  I have cheonic pain and I stress eat lol!

• Posted

Boy sorry about all the typos!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.