weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was wondering if the RA community out there has had any issues with weight gain when on meds such as methotrexate or any other biologics? I seem to be gaining weight for no apparent reason and I don’t know why, diet the same and exercise has been increased as far as cardio is concerned. Has anyone else experienced this side effect?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I do understand your concern's,i am the polar opposite of you. I suffer from weight loss and its so frustrating. Ive been told the drugs i'm on such as MTX, diclofenac and humira are good for my RA but not condusive to weight gain.

• Posted

I also suffer from too much of  a weight loss.  But I have Crohn's disease which is irritable bowel disease so some is related to that.  Also my blood pressure has gone too low and I think it is related to the biologic drug I have been on.    I have had to limit or cut out so many foods that could help gain weight but are not good for RA or IBS

Sorry for your weight gain Donna,   prednisone causes weight gain if you are on that too   Not sure about the other medications you are taking

• Posted

Hi Donna

I too suffer from weight gain periodically but also get steroid injections

Currently am on a new biological and MTX

But my weight has ballooned last 4 months since receiving a new biological

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.