Weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having a big problem with weight again i guess. i went from 160-137 in 6 weeks when i had acute symptoms and was really sick. I managed to gain back to 146 and lost it all in a week then once again i got back to 145-146 and lost back to 135 in a little over a week. I am eating very healthy strict diet and eating as much as i can hold but it seems to be very inconsistent and is not holding the weight if i have a bad day and can not eat a ton i can lose 3-4 pounds in a day. I am staying very hydrated so it is not water weight and i am not sure what to do from here. I need to have food vitamins and minerals to fight the virus but i can only take so many suppliments and eat so much food.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Drink ensure, eat rice, potatoes,peanut butter. Heck cheat and eat some pizza, french fries and steak/burgers. You don't always have to be so strict on your diet. Enjoy the foods you love for a week or two and just see. hang in there we are all with you

• Posted

Hi Josh,

Remember it can be normal for weight to fluctuate during this virus, in most cases it doesn't mean anything other than your body is going through a tough time and taking a hit from this virus and will stabilise and settle down again as you start to recover. It's so hard not to worry and panic about these things I know, I speak from experience!

Definitely it would be worth seeing the doctor and discussing any concerns and hoping they are able to reassure you and put your mind at rest.

Also remember you have been working very hard and intensely for many days at a time too, doing physical work, so all that combined with your body still recovering and fighting this virus and its effects could certainly be contributing to weight loss.

Hang in there Josh, thinking about you and hoping everything with your weight settles down to a level you feel healthy and balanced at soon. It can take time with this thing remember, you will get there. But do see the doc for advice / reassurance if concerned, always wise to do that.

Craig

• Posted

i guess i am just going to have to go back to eating all the foods i am used to eating. This "healthy diet" is not doing anything but making me lose more weight i have almost no fat left on my bad at this point. I have to find some kind of healthy medium. Fruits vegetables nuts chicken fish and seafood obviously is not he way to go for me. I ate all day yesterday drank some boost and lost a pound and did not do a whole lot just put some dirt in the garden and moved some stuff at work nothing strenuous. I need some fat back. I think at this point i am starting to lose a little muscle.

• Posted

It sounds like you are eating all the right foods Josh, I wouldn't stop eating healthily because of the weight situation as those foods will be doing your body good in lot of ways too remember and you would lose that if you stop eating that way. Maybe eating those but introducing something else to help bulk up a bit like amino acids or something, I wish I had more expertise to offer in these areas but I'm afraid my knowledge is limited.

I do hope that things settle down Josh, remember it can be normal to experience this during mono and return to healthy weight again as your body gets better, it's so hard not to worry and would advise against weighing yourself every day as it just intensifies worry and so many factors can make it fluctuate day to day, once a week is more than enough. Definitely worth checking in with the doctor and hoping they can offer some good advice / reassurance.

Hang in there Josh, still believing you are going to get through this and be back to good health and weight again - thinking about you and wishing you Happy Easter.

Craig

• Posted

I am just to the point now i do not know if i should trust the doctors or not. I do not really feel any better i steadily get new symptoms the newest one is its hard to swallow food down towards my stomach. I never had a sore throat or swollen lymph nodes but i have felt terrible and tired for 5-6 months. My stomach hurts my head hurts im dizzy light headed. They said its mono but things like lyme disease can make you positive for mono when you dont have it, but the doctors told me i was negative for lyme after i had to ask for a test. My body is slowly getting worse not better. Appetite and weight is slowly getting worse now. Headaches or getting more frequent and longer and more severe. My fatigue is the only thing that has gotten better just because i force myself to do things to get my mind off of it. My sensations in limbs is getting worse along with muscle pain. They have to have more to say as a medical professional than its mono you will get over it eventually. They have ran so many tests and been to so many doctors and no one has done anything or given me anything or any advice that has helped. Everytime i feel i am getting better something else gets added to it to bring me back down. At some point your body has to just quit if you dont do anything. My body is weak but my mind still is saying keep moving forward im not sure how much more it can take. Our bodies are resilient yes but at what point is it to much.

• Posted

Josh, I have also been having weight issues and its driving me crazy. I feel as if things I eat don't stick.

• Posted

Yeah all it seems to do is make me more nauseated and use the bathroom more the more i eat. very disheartening. Maybe it will come back soon i usually stay around 155 and right now i am only 137. I havent found anything or a diet that puts pounds back on me and i can not work out to build muscle. I sure it would be to much on my body.

• Posted

hows your eating habits though Josh? You see, I eat and nothing seems to stick for very long. Like, I eat and seems like I gain the weight but also seems like the weight doesn't stick around long.

• Posted

I cut out sugar caffiene alcohol gluten dairy and red meats for a while to eat healthier and lost even more weight and the doctor told me to go back to what i used to eat so bow i just try to eat all i can now. I try to do balanced meals and it gave me a little weight but not a ton. I drink two ensures a day for extra calories and vitamins and minerals but by no means do i expect to gain a pound in a few days. It kind of just is what it is right now. Trying to stay well hydrated and get as many nutrients as i can. It is hard to deal with the symptoms and the weight loss but you just got to keep fighting and try to stay normal as possible without over doing it which i believe some days i do.

• Posted

Do you have any idea why its hard to keep the weight on when dealing with mono Josh? Its a bit scary for me bro.

• Posted

It's understandable to be concerned if losing weight during mono, but also please remember guys that it can be very normal with any intense or severe virus like mono for this to happen, and in the vast majority of cases a healthy weight and balance is restored again once starting to recover and through the worst early stages of the virus.

Of course it's always wise to monitor this and check in with the doctor regarding this if you have any concerns, that's important. But remember this virus is intense and it can be normal too to lose a little weight so it is not necessarily anything to panic about although I know it's much easier said than done not to worry when going through this thing.

Hoping very much thing settle down soon and taking vitamins / herbs and maintaining a good and healthy diet during the virus can help with this too for sure. Hang in there guys you will get through this and be well again.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.