Weight and Health plans and goals for 2015

Posted , 7 users are following.

I need motivation so I've written my resolutions down here:-

1. Give up alcohol (Dry January). The longest I've done so far is 8 months. That'll help with number 2.

2. Get my weight down to 75kg (again). That's where my BMI is OK.

3. Go to the gym more often. Build muscle, loose fat; for the summer.

What are other people planning?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I do alcohol free every jan feb and March and lose about two stone without any major change to diet. I find it the least sociable time of year so it's not difficult, if you go out volunteer to drive to avoid temptation. I'm trying diet too this year to hopefully reach my long term goal before I turn 60 !
  • Posted

A gastric band on the 5th and then a whole new me hopefully new eating habits and more motivation to exercise

good luck smile

• Posted

Feeling the usual effects from Christmas and New Year and feeling in need of support. Hence joining the group. I 've written down 40 tips to weight loss and numbers one and two are - write down what you eat over a week to get a picture of how many calories consumed and get a weight loss buddy. If it's not too presumptions could that be you? 
    • Posted

The weight loss buddy sounds like a good idea. I'm happy to share what worked/works for me. I did your tip #1 as a spreadsheet - every time I ate something I looked it up - it's surprising how quickly it turns into a comprehensive list.

Gym starts in ernest on 2nd Jan; quite looking forward to it (but maybe not the weigh-in).

• Posted

First day back at work and in many ways a relief to be away from my own kitchen goodies. Feeling virtuous because I managed to get up early and do pilates and then an invigorating  walk tonight. Moving more is the key. Let me know how the gym goes I'm not back till Saturday and it will be tough!
  • Posted

Hi...johnsonfamily38

Your Plan is realy good i m also trying to follow your Diet plan because that is realy my need.

• Posted

I wish you the best of luck! To you and to all of our new yeras resolutions biggrin)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.