Weight and mirtazapine

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone gained a lot of weight while on mirtazapine or tried to diet and could not lose weight?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sasha,

I started 15mg of Mirtazapine in April of this year and went up to 15/30mg alternate dosage in July. By the end of September I had put on over a stone in weight. I then started a Slimming World programme and to date I have lost 1 stone and 2 pounds.

I never thought I'd be able to lose any weight at all whilst on the Mirt but I've been very pleasantly surprised. The funny thing is that on this diet you actually eat more - just the right stuff.

Worth a try.

• Posted

hello, just seen your letter, yes that bloody mirtazipine gives me a huge appetite for sweets

​, icecream, all the fat stuff, i was super slim before, now i am a fat lump who has gained about 3 stones,plus i get awful days of lethargy and disorientation, feeling like i will go into panic attack.i am seeing the doctor monday, see if i can get something else, i get dizzy turns as well, life is not good at the moment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.