Weight bearing after surgery?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an operation on my 1st MTP joint (Big toe) after dislocating it and tearing my plantar plate and some tendons/ligaments around my sesamoid bone last Thursday, I'm now in a cast until the surgical wounds heal (hopefully for another 9 days).

My query is this, I have been given crutches and told to be non weight bearing on that foot, however the surgery only was around the ball of my foot and the side of my foot/big toe.

I feel like I can rest the back of my foot/ankle/heel on the ground without putting much weight through it with no pain or effects while on crutches, is this alright to do? I know I will need to rest like this when going shopping etc.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

follow the doctors advice. its something that you need to do for only a short time in order for the injury and surgery needed time to heal. in a couple of months it will be at a better place and soon you will have your foot back in good shape. its not worth the risk to set healing back or cause more issues.

healing vibes sent you way..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.